It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Apollyon HB User
Myxedema madness

Someone on here mentioned this, I looked it up and that is what it looks like I have, I also found out about adrenal fatigue (I have all 8 symptons).
Is there anybody out there who is suffering the same things that I am? I cant find anyone and feel alone.
Symptons:
Really forgetful (cant remember how to get home, phone number , how to spell)
Really angry (put a hole in bedroom wall)
Cry for hours over nothing much
Lost 50% of my intelligence
Dont want to leave the house
Dont want to be around people
Unmotivated
Dont laugh anymore
Im not funny anymore
Aggressive without realising it
Stutter whilst talking because I cant remember what word to use

I have physical symptoms, but can live with them.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-06-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Myxedema madness

You are not alone. I had many of the same symptoms as you.. actually all of them and more until I got treatment for my Hashimoto's, hypoadrenalism (adrenal fatigue multiplied ), PCOS. IR and a few other issues. They all add up and if you take them on one at a time.. it will get better. Treating my hypoadrenalism actually made me feel alive again. I was able to care and crawl out of my cave. before thyroid and adrenal treatment I was a hypothyroid zombie. You are definitiely not alone.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Apollyon HB User

I have all 8 symptons of adrenal fatigue and have written asking my Dr for a cortisol test.

I think having thyroid madness is an unusual side to thryoid. I can cope with all the nasty physical things but the mental side has ruined my life.
Thank you so much for replying to me, could you tell me how you got better and how long it took? have you done a thread on it that I could read?
Did you have migraines?

Last edited by moderator2; 11-08-2008 at 05:59 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 11-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Ugh! You are making me think.

I have done researchc on brain function with respect to thyroid.. not adrenal issues. That is in my week 3 thyroid care and concerns thread.

My alertness and brain fog and energy made a quick rebound once my adrenals were treated. I felt different the firsst day on my meds. I was like a kid cut loose in a candy store and told to enjoy. It was just lovely. Things balanced out sensation wise with in two weeks. It took about 3 months for my routine to be refined and levels balanced. Then an Endo mucked things up and I am having to do it all over again.

The insulin resistance and adrenal treatments have the quickest turn aroundd when in comes to feeling well and right again. The thyroid medications take more work, ESPECIALLY when you are having to work around other issues.

I DO have migraines and I have been diagnosed with them by a neurologist. Supplementing my Magnesium levels and B12/B6 levels helped greatly with this... then the vit D gave me another boost as well. The migraines near stopped with thyroid supplementation and adrenal treatment.

AH! I have a thread that I put out covering my progress a while back. I think only the PCOS and IR diagnosis and treatment were missing at that time. Let me look it up:[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=618734[/url]

There you go.

Week 3 with brain issues in it.. there may be carry over into week 5 so here are those thread urls:
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=599141[/url]
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=601986[/url]

Maybe these will help.
MG

Closed Thread