It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
(female)

klee4au1 HB User
Question Please interpret my TSH results

Hi, I'm new and seeking help. I haven't been feeling well for the past year and have had TSH levels tested twice. Both time my Dr. says it's normal. Today I went back for my follow-up and demanded a copy of the results. Can anyone me interpret them?

TSH - 3.321 uIU/mL Limits: 0.450-4.500 01

I thought I read that the 'normal range' had been changed to 0.3-3.0, is that right? If so, wouldn't I be above the normal range? There has to be a reason why I feel so tired, achy and weak all.of.the.time and I'm losing patience with my Dr.

Thanks so much,
Katie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
(female)

memawof3 HB User
Re: Please interpret my TSH results

hello,
iam new here too, iam also going through alot of pain in my legs, acey joints,feeling rundown and tired, also weight gain!
i do have a thyroid problem..
my levels for this month was tsh 3.700
his referanc range is 0.470-6.900
glad your here, iam sure we will get some answers we need...
bren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2008, 05:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Suey77 HB User
Cool Re: Please interpret my TSH results

Hi Klee4au1 w e l c o m e

Your Doctor is making a common mistake by letting the TSH results deem whether your Hypo-Thy or not. A healthy persons TSH is around 1.0. And I'd bet that if your t3 & t4's were tested, they'd be BARELY inside normal (T4's = .8-1.8 yours are most likely at the bottom)

I'd do a web search for thyroid and find one of those on-line tests for Hypo. It will give you a symptoms list also (probably don't realize how many apply) Take & print the test to show your Doctor. Ask for T3 <~free~>T4's to be tested.

If this Doctor refuses standing by his normal diagnosis, then you have to find another Doctor who will help you. (I heard normal w/ TSH of 4.79) I'm 3 years & 6 Dr's into my Hypo-Thyroid ROLLERCOASTER.

Hang in there You're WORTH it
~Sue

Closed Thread