It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
(female)

mattie75 HB User
Swollen salivary gland - hashi's related?

I have swollen salivary glands which are causing me pain. I have been to ENT and Rhemy and they tell me Sjogrens but tests are negative - I do in fact have hashi's. Does anyone else have swollen salivary glands with antibody flares? Mine have been quiet painful in the past couple of weeks. This seemed to also get worse after a Radio iodine uptake test.

I go back to my thyroid dr. Tuesday, went to Rhemy yesterday and she said Sjorgren's test negative, but that did not mean I did not have it. That is sort of hard for me to understand. Why test if it means nothing.

Anti inflammatories help some but they are still painful. I wonder if it is just from the thyroid inflammatory process, almost looks like mumps on my left side some days.
Mattie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
Re: Swollen salivary gland - hashi's related?

I have hashi's too and get swollen glands. I initially complained about the lump on my right side thinking that was the thyroid nodule. It comes and goes. Mine gets very achey too. Guess its part of the immune deal? My endo u/s it when he did the thyroid and said it was a swollen gland but nothing to worry about? This hashi stuff sure plays havoc on us!
Hysterectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

mattie75 HB User
Re: Swollen salivary gland - hashi's related?

I do know that it seems better when on my meds and they have taken me off of everything - not sure why. I do back on Tuesday and think when I get my cytomel back things will improve. I hope so anyway. I remember several months back they would swell in response to antibodies and when I was taking cytomel my antibodies dropped as did the swelling and pain.
Mattie

Closed Thread