It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Please help my Mum!! Help Needed with these test results.

Hi,

I'm writing this for my Mum. She's always had symptoms of thyroid problems but our GP has never done anything other then take blood tests and ignore the results. We finally requested a print off of her results yesterday and got these figures:

These are taken from a blood test in late October 2008:

Tsh-6.8
Ft4-11.5
Free T3: 4.3 (or 430 as some labs calculate it).

Her other results are these:

Tsh: 11 Aug 2005: 5.9 28 Oct 2003: 5.8 26 Nov 2001: 4.4 8 Nov 2001: 4.8

Ft4: 11 Aug 2005: 15.0 28 Oct 2003: 14.0 26 Nov 2001: 14.1 8 Nov 2001: 14.6

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on here?? I'm not an expert in any way whatsoever but it looks like all the results are out of wack.

It would be fantastic for her to feel better!! If anyone can help me interupt these test results that would be wonderful.
Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Please help my Mum!! Help Needed with these test results.

Hi! Do you have ranges for FT4 and FT3? (if you have similar ranges to what we have here the latest ones are definetely lowish) Her TSHs have been pointing towards HypoT for years - the latest is so bad that something must be done. They've "kept an eye" on this long enough . She needs to get thyroid antibodies tested - if she has them it confirms the thyroid problem (if the doctor doesn't already believe it).

Last edited by FinnMaid; 12-05-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User

Your mom has hypothyroidism. She's not on any meds? I'd get a new doctor asap! Do you have endocrinologists in your area?
Hysterectomy

Old 12-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User

Thanks for your replies guys. You've been fantastic.

I don't know what else our GP is waiting for, she has lived with these symptoms for far too long-years in fact. We're now going to demand that our doctor does something, or at the very least gives us a referal to an endocrinologist.

I'm not sure about the ranges for FT4 and FT3 FinnMaid. Sorry!

My Mum has had fatigue, insomnia (she has slept two-three hours a night for the last twelve months), cold intolerance, very thin brittle fingernails, hair that is always falling out, very dry skin that gets puffy, a feeling of "raciness" (like her whole body feels out of sorts), very puffy feet, abnormal menstruation and she's also starting to get arthrtis in her fingers (I don't know if that is related or not). Lately she has been having a few anxiety attacks too which is not normal for her at all.

She desperately wants her symptoms to be under control-even if she could just get some more sleep and feel less tired things would improve heaps.

If anyone else has anymore insight I would love to hear from you. Thank you so much!!

Old 12-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User

I hope you get a good dr soon!!!!!!!!! her sleep issues should resolve once she's on proper med dose. Those "symptoms" are all a part of this. Most of us here can relate. It's not too late, please push for treatment!!!
Hysterectomy

Closed Thread