It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

wants2Bwell HB User
new and need a thyroid/adrenal layperson expert

Hello
I have been barking up the wrong tree for some time now. Been on thyroid since the 1970's and it did such wonders i never attributed it to how bad i feel now. Here's my long story short

1960's to the present - anemia (no reason just anemic)

1970's to present (took high dose topical hydrocortisone for over 20 yrs) - dishydrotic eczema (no reason just eczema per the docs)

late 1970's dx hashimotos given synthroid (large goiter)

1980's somehow got off synthroid moving out of parents home lost insurance (spontaneous remission i guess because was fine until late 1980's)

1987 after birth of second child had major health issues. After 14 months of problems i asked to have thyroid checked and tsh was 270 (really!). Dont know what the t's were because it was so long ago.

1990 things started to go down hill - major GI problems and fatigue

2005 more problems ..... bloodwork off and sed rate in the 20's and 30's lymph nodes swollen....no one ever found out why.

2006 i asked for ana ckeck and it was 1:1280 later diagnosed with Lupus and given plaquenil

2007 continued to feel like a truck hit me and given prednisone (BINGO!) felt like a NEW PERSON!

2008 Went gluten free (did stool test and positive for celiac) and felt much better so i went off prednisone. Things went back to feeling bad so i went to Naturopathic dr. Saliva tests were very low for cortisol dhea and all the neurotransmitters)

I am going broke! I ordered isocort but the natural doc doesn't want me to take it. Wants to give me adrenal glandulars first. She did agree to rx cytomel tho because my TOTAL t3 is 76.

I am at my wits end. I am a teacher and need the energy for my job. What do you all think? My PCP is an idiot. Thinks i have fibro!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
(female)

multipleAInancy HB User
Re: new and need a thyroid/adrenal layperson expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wants2Bwell View Post
Hello
I have been barking up the wrong tree for some time now. Been on thyroid since the 1970's and it did such wonders i never attributed it to how bad i feel now. Here's my long story short

1960's to the present - anemia (no reason just anemic)

1970's to present (took high dose topical hydrocortisone for over 20 yrs) - dishydrotic eczema (no reason just eczema per the docs)

late 1970's dx hashimotos given synthroid (large goiter)

1980's somehow got off synthroid moving out of parents home lost insurance (spontaneous remission i guess because was fine until late 1980's)

1987 after birth of second child had major health issues. After 14 months of problems i asked to have thyroid checked and tsh was 270 (really!). Dont know what the t's were because it was so long ago.

1990 things started to go down hill - major GI problems and fatigue

2005 more problems ..... bloodwork off and sed rate in the 20's and 30's lymph nodes swollen....no one ever found out why.

2006 i asked for ana ckeck and it was 1:1280 later diagnosed with Lupus and given plaquenil

2007 continued to feel like a truck hit me and given prednisone (BINGO!) felt like a NEW PERSON!

2008 Went gluten free (did stool test and positive for celiac) and felt much better so i went off prednisone. Things went back to feeling bad so i went to Naturopathic dr. Saliva tests were very low for cortisol dhea and all the neurotransmitters)

I am going broke! I ordered isocort but the natural doc doesn't want me to take it. Wants to give me adrenal glandulars first. She did agree to rx cytomel tho because my TOTAL t3 is 76.

I am at my wits end. I am a teacher and need the energy for my job. What do you all think? My PCP is an idiot. Thinks i have fibro!
With all that on and off steroids....have you been tested for Addison's? I have it and am hypothyroid plus multiple other autoimmune diseases. If you have 2 AI diseases it seems to snowball. Get an ACTH test and soon. Adrenal insufficiency/failure is nothing to mess around with.

Closed Thread