It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Are your fingertips like this?

Hi guys, I still suspect something is wrong w my thryoid due to my symptoms, my flucuating TSH and my HIGH (very) reverse t3. Getting more tests done tomorrow.

I have noticed the tips of my fingers have been wrinkled, kinda how it looks when you have been in water too long but not as severe--I am only 33. Not sure if its always been like this or I am just more aware of these type of things now

I read somewhere this could indicate a thryoid problem. Anyone else here have this associated with their thyroid?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Are your fingertips like this?

That is not a symptom I am familiar with. it sounds like you may be having dehydration/electrolyte imbalance issues. make sure you are drinking plenty of water and keeping an eye on your potassium/sodium/chloride levels.

High reverse T3 implies a liver conversion issue of your thyroid hormone. It often require T3 supplementation because your body can not effectively meet T3 hormonal needs. What are your Ft4 and Ft3 ratio in conjunction with your RT3 at this time? Finding an MD that understands the thyroid and endocrine quirks associated with it is like finding a needle in a haystack unfortunately we do not have a detector to find the good thyroid Docs.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

lynnybug55 HB User

My fingertips have been like that for years. I never thought it may be connected to thyroid. I'm hyper with Graves and also Hashi's antibodies. I read that makes us more susceptible to other autoimmune disorders. Maybe the fingertip thing is from something other than thyroid. Anybody else have this problem?

Old 01-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
(female)

melissa1873 HB User

I have Hashis...I've had dry, peeling, crackly fingertips for years and palms hat get very swollen and sensative when in water for short periods of time (much moreso than the average person)

Old 02-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
(female)

seekfind HB User

I have thyroiditis (fluctuating TSH, was Hypothyroid, now Hyperthyroid) and weird wrinkled fingers (back years ago, though) too. In my case both were caused by Lyme Disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2626 View Post
Hi guys, I still suspect something is wrong w my thryoid due to my symptoms, my flucuating TSH and my HIGH (very) reverse t3. Getting more tests done tomorrow.

I have noticed the tips of my fingers have been wrinkled, kinda how it looks when you have been in water too long but not as severe--I am only 33. Not sure if its always been like this or I am just more aware of these type of things now

I read somewhere this could indicate a thryoid problem. Anyone else here have this associated with their thyroid?

Closed Thread