It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
(female)

dhel barte HB User
what is the chances of getting pregnant if im taking synthroid 100mg one a day?

what is the chances of getting pregnant if im taking synthroid 100mg one a day?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: what is the chances of getting pregnant if im taking synthroid 100mg one a day?

Is your current dose really sufficient for You? If so - you are feeling symptom free and your thyroid levels are fine (your TSH is around 1 or so and your Free T's are at least around midrange) - you may have good chances. If your thyroid levels are more on the HypoT side (TSH above 2 or so) and you're still feeling Hypo it may not be enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: what is the chances of getting pregnant if im taking synthroid 100mg one a day?

I am in a similar boat. I am on 112.5 mcgs now. My maternal Fetal Med MD and OB want me to be at 60-80% of normal range in Ft4 adn Ft3 levels. That is optimal for childbearing health in their experience. It is also in optimal thyroid range. You can get pregnant with less thyroid hormone in your system, but there is a higher chance that your fertility cycle and hormone levels are effected.

So the amount of thyroid supplementation doesn't matter as much as HOW much of that supplementation is getting in your system and HOW your system is handling said supplement. You need to get copies of your blood work and learn to calculate where you are in normal range so that you can see how close to optimal you are. TSH alone is insufficient in managing your thyroid health and care.

MG

Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dream77 HB User

MG,
I was curious about this ..
Given you are trying to conceive as well and are on Metformin.. is being on Metformin ok for pregnancy ?
I remember I was given glyburide during my pregnancy in the last trimester and metformin was a no-no.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Metformin is not a bad drug for pregnancy, but it hasn't been proven to be the best either. As a rule you are fine to take it up to and into a pregnant state. After becoming pregnant you then get to discuss whether or not taking Metformine or switching to an alternate glucophage is preferable.

MG

Closed Thread