It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

moonlightandjj HB User
What does this mean? what was the nodule?

Hi
I went to see my Endo yesterday ( 4 weeks post op). He didnt operate, and to be honest I saw him a month before operation, but he had been off sick for 9 months and wasnt aware of my forth coming surgery or nodule or anything (to be honest am not 100% happy with him). I was diagnosed with toxic nodule possible and over active thyroid along with possible graves,plumers, oh he did say toxicisomething...that was endo bloke anyway. I just saw Surgeon for operation.

Anyway I tried to get some info about my surgery yesterday I had 1/2 my thyroid taken away and a nodule. The surgeon did say after the op the nodule was not what they had expected (toxic). The endo doc said it was neoplasm (sp?) havent heard of that...what is it, well I should say what was it?
My bloods are back to normal, but my symtoms arent, he took no notice and decided that he would test me for addison, but only to "pacify me" lol. Cos I shouldnt have any symptoms now my thyroid has been sorted lol.

So what is neoplasm?

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

I go back to see the surgeon in two weeks, hopefully he will answer the questions I have,like swallowing etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: What does this mean? what was the nodule?

Can you get a copy of the pathology report and share the exact wording. Neoplasms of the thyroid is too vague for any educated hypothesis. However being a neoplasm the nature of the nodule in question was one of slow growth with minimal spread. Neoplasm can be benign or malignant. Since the bad part is out waiting will not hurt you. In the mean time try and relax, or you will throw your adrenal testing off.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread