It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
(male)

Riebeek HB User
Thyroid, parasites and a cup of coffee !

Hi, I'm a newbie and just would like to ask a question or two to anyone in the know. Does caffeine interfere with the thyroid function? Also has anyone successfully treated their thyroid when parasites were interfering with it's function ? a Google search mentions the affect caffeine has on thyroid medication, but not a definite don't drink coffee which I have a love hate relationship with.

I recently had a health breakthrough when a alternative health care provider here in London gave me Barnes thyroid temperature test form to fill in and I completed a one month test and I clearly have hypothyroidism which according to his hair analysis tests also shows I have parasites which is affecting my thyroid function. After 5 weeks no joy with the wormwood, ionic silver and cramp bark medication I need some serious help.

Regards,

Riebeek

Last edited by Riebeek; 04-20-2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: To highlight the title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Thyroid, parasites and a cup of coffee !

Caffeine only affects medication if you are on meds for your T4. You need to wait one hour before drinking coffee in that case. It doesn't affect T3 meds though.

I've never heard of parasites affecting the thyroid. I have however been told by my doctor that if your digestive system is not working correctly, undigested protein can ferment and cause inflammation of the thyroid. Undigested food particles are supposedly responsible for a number of things ranging from allergies to arthritis.

Have you ever had a full thyroid panel blood test eg: TSH, T4, T3 and thyroid antibodies? Might be best to get a blood test and not just rely on herbs from a naturopath when it comes to your thyroid. I'm seeing a naturopath for my menstrual cycles and to lower my estrogen, but i don't think i'd be relying on a naturopath for my thyroid. I am aware that naturopaths can likely do a lot for the thyroid, but you would want to have one pretty knowledgable naturopath. It would also likely depend on what type of thyroid condition you had. If it's auto immune disease like Hashimoto's i think proper meds would be the way to go.

With the parasites you mentioned, have you had any official tests to find out what sort of parasites and what is going on? My doctor had me do a stool analysis test which checked for parasites, parasite larvae etc in the stool. I've also done the breath test for the H-pylori bacteria and all is negative.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
(male)

deanbooth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riebeek View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie and just would like to ask a question or two to anyone in the know. Does caffeine interfere with the thyroid function? Also has anyone successfully treated their thyroid when parasites were interfering with it's function ? a Google search mentions the affect caffeine has on thyroid medication, but not a definite don't drink coffee which I have a love hate relationship with.

I recently had a health breakthrough when a alternative health care provider here in London gave me Barnes thyroid temperature test form to fill in and I completed a one month test and I clearly have hypothyroidism which according to his hair analysis tests also shows I have parasites which is affecting my thyroid function. After 5 weeks no joy with the wormwood, ionic silver and cramp bark medication I need some serious help.

Regards,

Riebeek

Old 08-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
(male)

deanbooth HB User

I found the best absolutely the fastest way to get at the parasites was to take a quarter teaspoon of black walnut with the green hull powder and give myself an enema. First you are going to get stool. but relax on the sofa and about an hour later you should feels some discomfort so go give yourself another enema or two or three and look in the toilet. you may see dark ones or ones that look like bean sprouts or octopusses. and they will be all sorts of sizes. I heard of Hulda clarks treatment which involves cloves, black walnut tincure and wormwood. I do take the cloves but avoid the wormwood. This procedure is amazing, but one word of caution: while I did not have any side effects, some say long term use of black walnut is not recommended. In terms of the enema, just empty a doush and refill it with the above mixture and water and put some vaseline on the tip and go slow. the first is a little scary but it gets easier. also disinfect your bathroom after.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
(male)

deanbooth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbooth View Post
I found the best absolutely the fastest way to get at the parasites was to take a quarter teaspoon of black walnut with the green hull powder and give myself an enema. First you are going to get stool. but relax on the sofa and about an hour later you should feels some discomfort so go give yourself another enema or two or three and look in the toilet. you may see dark ones or ones that look like bean sprouts or octopusses. and they will be all sorts of sizes. I heard of Hulda clarks treatment which involves cloves, black walnut tincure and wormwood. I do take the cloves but avoid the wormwood. This procedure is amazing, but one word of caution: while I did not have any side effects, some say long term use of black walnut is not recommended. In terms of the enema, just empty a doush and refill it with the above mixture and water and put some vaseline on the tip and go slow. the first is a little scary but it gets easier. also disinfect your bathroom after.

Closed Thread