I am new to all this, my first post.
I have a 2cm nodule in each lobe, my TSH is close to normal, have been on minimum synthroid for about 5 years.
When they found the nodules they sent me to an endo- he did some tests and my anti-tpo was >3000. He did a FNA and it came back non-diagnostic. Did another one and both nodules came back with numerous hurthle cells. The path report said either hashi's or hurthle cell neoplasm. Both endo and ENT say it is hashi's and we will just watch the nodules for growth. My mother had thyroid cancer and had a full removal and iodein rad.-makes me a little nervous to play the waiting game. I have had breast cancer twice.
I see you live in canada, where you can't just see another opinion all the time at will---but if you can get another opinion, get it, if you can't, just shorten the "wait time" as much as possible---have you had radiation for the bc? If so, that is another important reason to push for the removal. Maybe you have another specialist, like an oncologist that can help you out?
Yes I did have the radiation- they say it should never have come near the throat area. I was thinking I would try and see my oncologist to see what he thought. My GP just wants them to remove it. Everything I read says they won't really be able to confirm what it is until they take it out and the larger the nodules- the better chance of metastisis (sp). as you say, it is hard in Canada to get second opinions.
Both times I had breast cancer they said it was probably nothing- until they removed it.
thx for the post, I will continue to search for some help.