It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
(female)

Oppida HB User
I just love when doctors..

say "Armour is an outdated medication that does not work. You can't get the dosage right...the meds you are on are better and will help you...blah..blah..blah..."

Hmmmm...I'm on T4 meds and I'm an ABSOLUTE wreck. I've been on many different doses for months now and I feel worse than I have ever felt. And apparently, I'm an idiot who does not know what is best for me.

I'm trying to find a endo who will prescribe Armour or another type of deccitated thyroid med and do specific tests for me (Test free t3 and t4, adrenal testing and gluten intolerance testing) so I was calling ahead of time to ask them questions instead of dealing with yet another asshat doctor.

It just makes me so mad.

Hopefully I'll find a freakin' doctor who will actually help me. I've had such horrendous experiences with the medical establishment lately, I'm just so tired of crappy treatment when I feel so crappy myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: I just love when doctors..

What I dont understand is why they dont listen to us when there are so many of us throughout the World for whom T4 only meds are so wrong. Its not like there are no means for Global communication between the powers that be, the ones who think they know best for us.
I think it is strange that so many people in the world suffer from a thyroid condition yet it does not seem to affect many Drs. I am pretty certain that if it did then something would be done to make natural thyroid extracts available as a choice. In this day and age, We should not have to fight for our health and well being.
I am one of the lucky ones here in the UK and get Armour on the NHS and my heart goes out to those on T4 only meds who have no chance of ever feeling well again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: I just love when doctors..

Unfortunately doctors have to go by their clinical guidelines.

Keep looking for a doc who "gets" it. They are few and far between but they are out there. I had to start off with a naturopath (expensive and pushed a lot of other therapies that I simply don't agree with) before I found a real-live family MD who agrees with **** and treats accordingly. Post on the forums for one in your area and don't be afraid to interview them and let them know how you want to be treated.

I just hope that enough of us will demand the right treatment and refuse to be seen by or refer to doctors who still practice caveman techinques that we will eventually make a difference. There are literally millions of us out here with thyroid disease getting crappy treatment and we need to make our voices heard.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-19-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Closed Thread