It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

writermom333 HB User
very weird reaction

This is my third day on 75 mcg of levothyroxin. first day was fine, second Ihad a terrible headache...and then there was today.

No headache. I was the Dr. so they checked my BP ( I am on Rx for that also) it was great.

BUT...about two horus after my moring dose i started to have a very weird experience. The only way I can describe it is kind of like dejavue and kind of like remembering a dream. It just lasts for a split second but in that moment i will remember something that happened earlier in the day (especially associated with my Dr. visit)and it produces a very fleeting, strange emotion. not bad really, just a little surreal. It's kind of like when you have a dream and the next day you remember tiny bits and pieces, and it triggers that vague, dreamy memory. I kow this must sound crazy, but i am one of the most sane people you will ever meet. i have NEVER had this experience before, so it has to be the meds. I do take 75 mil of Zoloft becasue i used to have panic attacks, although I havent' had one in years.

Any thoughts??

I hope it doesn't get too bad, because I felt much better today (at least physically) and was able to accomplish a lot more than I have in a long time.

Has anyone experienced this phenom with thyroid RX?

Thanks so much!
Debbi

Old 08-12-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: very weird reaction

Debbi, Sorry I haven't read your post before. I have had that experience a few times & each time it still scares to the point I will be shaking. You describe it very well. It was such a weird feeling I couldn't describe to anyone other than it feels like I am about to enter into a dream or another world or even a life I've known before. Each time I've experienced it, it seemed familiar. I think it's a type seizure. What scared me is I thought I must be having a stroke. My experiences always came when I was trying to take hormones of any kind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User

I've never heard of it before but some people have wierd reactions to starting on hormones.

It could be the zoloft messing with your head and you might not need it anymore once you get normalized on thyroid meds-- it's possible you are getting too much serotonin. But you'll need to taper very slowly off the Z if you decide to because the withdrawals can be nasty.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jayer HB User

Is 75 mcg your starting dose or is it an increase? I had some bad anxiety when they increased my meds, but not anything like you described. If 75 mcg is your starting dose, I think that is to high for a starting dose.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
(female)

writermom333 HB User

Thanks for the responses!

You know, I did wonder if my reaction was some type of seizure--haven't had it at all since I started the Armour.

This is just my5th day on Armour and i have had a couple of pretty good days followed by an exhausted day (today) I have to get my family of five ready for a mini-vacation today, so I'm hoping it kicks in pretty quick!

Also, i am on 30 mg of Armour...what does that translate in to 'grains'..?

Sorry for the newbie questions LOL

Thanks!
Debbi

Closed Thread