It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Is this low?

Hello all,
I'm new to this board. Went for my annual physical last week and the doctor (actually a nurse practitioner) I saw (not my regular) was very thorough and suggested a wellness check. Symptoms I told her about were mainly slight fatigue, insomnia, and weight gain; I put to stress and age. My husband's place of employment shut down last Friday and Saturday was the last day of insurance so I put a rush on my annual. And with a car ready to die, youngest going to college in 2 weeks and now the job, well... sounded possible. Anyways, the report showed my thyroid as .30. Remember, I am clueless to all of this. They showed the norm to be .38-.68; I believe. Did some reading, possibly B6 or B12? Anyone have any comments? Worth a try? Our insurance is out! The NP recommended me seeing someone else who could prescribe a med.
Thanks so much!

Old 08-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: Is this low?

Hmmm the numbers don't make much sense to me. You need to get a copy of your labs and post here with the ranges. Your symptoms sound hypo though.
Without insurance you are really between a rock and a hard place. You will need more testing done and medication. Fortunately the meds aren't hugely expensive. But of course once you are tagged with a pre-existing condition you won't be able to get insurance unless you've got Cobra (or they actually accomplish health reform).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread