HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Thyroid Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/)
-   -   Already received my e mail from endo.... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/thyroid-disorders/707697-already-received-my-e-mail-endo.html)

Lori123 08-09-2009 07:12 PM

Already received my e mail from endo....

Wow, I am surprised!! I got my e mail from the endo at U of M today...Sunday...obviously he cks his e mail on weekends.
Good news.....He said that with my initial pathology, my RA-I higher dose, and my undet. TG, my risk of recurrence is SO LOW, so very very low. Not 0, but he is not concerned. He actually said that Dr. K's low key approach is what he would also do. He did say it was unfortunate that the US report did not go into detail and list characteristics that let you know it looks benign.

He was so nice, to answer my e mail, and he said he would love to see me again, but that it truly is not necessay, unless I feel I really need to. He said people have swollen lymph nodes all the time for various reasons, and 3 month reck is what he would also recommend. He also did say that if it did turn out to be cancer, 3 months is still ok.....hmmm not feeling that one!!

He did ease my mind, I have to let it go, and wait the 3 months, if he had recommended any differently, I would be driving the distance to U of M. Guess I am in good hands here....
Thanks for listening!!
Take care,
Lori

countrycarole 08-09-2009 07:59 PM

Re: Already received my e mail from endo....

Hi Lori
It is true that some people have swollen lymph nodes and I am also one of them. I had a TT done which did turn out to be cancer and on one of my visits for my checkup my endo noticed that my lymph nodes were slightly enlarged. To be on the safe side, he did a needle biopsy of my lymph nodes and sent it to the lab for evaluation. It turned out completely negative for anything. My endo told me that lymph nodes can become swollen for many reasons such as dental problems, an infection (even a cold).I also mentioned to him that years ago I did have mono to which he said that could be the reason for it too. Hope this helps.

Lori123 08-10-2009 05:41 AM

Thank you, countrycarole,
for your response. See, the difference is that you had yours biopsied, to be safe and it was negative, which must have given you peace of mind.
I seriously, would have been happy to biopsy it, and then move on with it. That is just my personality. But, I will be patient and wait the 3 months, as both docs suggested!! I do not have a cold, or infection, which makes me wonder.....

I am very happy for you that yours was fine, and praying that mine will be, too.
Take care, and thanks so much.
Lori

countrycarole 08-10-2009 11:18 AM

I'm sure if your doctor was concerned he would have done the biopsy immediately. I can understand, though, waiting for 3 months is very hard to do but, hopefully, it will go quickly.

Reece 08-10-2009 11:33 AM

Enjoy the next three months not thinking about this junky stuff!

Lori123 08-10-2009 01:07 PM

Thank you Reece, and Countrycarole, for your replies. I do plan on forgetting about cancer again for a while, and enjoying the rest of this summer!!!
It's already going way too fast....
Take care and you both enjoy the rest of summer, too!!
Lori

countrycarole 08-10-2009 07:39 PM

Good for you. Enjoy the rest of the summer too. I agree it is going way too fast. Soon it will be Labor Day and officially the end of summer. However, living in So Florida I always dread this time of year watching for any hurricane approaching.