It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB User
Upcoming WBS With Thyrogen

So my one year WBS is coming up in a couple of weeks. I get to take thyrogen injections so I don't have to stop meds. Yay for that! Just curious - for those of you who have had thyrogen - how was it for you? How did you feel during the week of treatment?

So far all my labs look good. My 6 month ultrasound looked good as well. I am facing this WBS followup with quite a bit of trepidation..............guess that's pretty normal.............and I'm under a LOAD of stress due to my stepdad's illness (been posting on the Alzheimer Dementia board about all of that - man-o-mano!!!). I am up to my ears right now dealing with my stepdad's illness and recent hospitalization, etc, so my own health stuff has been taking a back seat. Not good, I know. {{{{sigh}}}} can't really control when stuff hits the fan - just have to do the best we can.

Anyway - thanks for your responses. I remember that Reece has had thyrogen, and I'm sure there are others too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Upcoming WBS With Thyrogen

Sorry about your troubles with your stepdad, my uncle has alzheimers, it's a difficult road.

I had thyrogen years ago---trying to get it again, without a scan, but having problems with my doctors obtaining it without a hospital billing system.

From what I remember, it was milliions of times better than going hypo! It's an ouchy shot, in the muscle, I don't know if it was the tension, but over the couple of days I had it, I felt a teeny bit flu like, but nothing that would prevent me from working or anything.

Wishing you clean scans!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

TC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB User

Thanks for the reply Reece Just curious - why would you be needing thyrogen if you're not having a scan?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User

If you have your tg markers taken, they are way more accurate/sensitive when you are on thyrogen/high tsh. I'm sure they will do your blood tg when you get thyrogen for your scans.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
(female)

kwebster HB User

I had Thyrogen two years ago and never had a problem. Had to do the Low Iodine Diet for 2 weeks prior but no side effects whatsoever. I get monitored every 6 months for tg levels, etc. So far so good. Thyrogen is expensive. I think I had to pay $300.00 out of pocket and insurance picked up the rest, but it is well worth the expense of not going off meds. Good Luck!
Kathy

Closed Thread