It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

superboo HB User
managing hashi swings...

There was a thread about this before, but I can't find it now.

Here's what I've experienced...Although I never thought I'd take any kind of anti-anxiety meds, I started some and it is really helping. Actually, they are sedatives and not true anxiety meds (clonazepam). The problem with me is that I was not able to sleep properly due to the hashi's symptoms, which compounded all the symptoms I was feeling. Sleep deprivation is one nasty piece of work! Now that I can sleep at night it has made a world of difference. I tried synthroid and it just didn't work for me since I'm not actually "hypo" yet. It made me feel worse.

I am only on it for 2 weeks to get a nice long break from the sleep deprivation. I now realize the power of relaxation in helping with hashi's symptoms. At the end of the two weeks I will be doing acupuncture and other natural ways to promote total relaxation. I'm going to ask my doctor if I can just use the clonazepam to treat my "hyper" phases (which only happen once every week or two). I'm thinking the complete fatigue I was feeling was partly from lack of quality sleep. I really do feel far better now that I have a few great sleeps under my belt.

So as far as swings go, I'm hoping the sedative can get me through my bad hyper episodes and will therefore help me feel better through the hypo phase (along with acupuncture). I just don't think I'm a candidate for any kind of thyroxine at this point and this really seems to be helping me.

Again, I have never been ones for anxiety meds (especially when I feel the cause is from the Hashi's), but wow is it working for me. It's so nice to feel some kind of relief .

Anyhow, just my two cents on what's working for me on the hashi swings!

I'd love to hear about any other ways people are able to reduce their hashi's swings symptoms!

Last edited by superboo; 08-12-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread