It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 05:23 AM   #1
(female)

Myth HB User
no doc will treat me

I am so sick of this everytime I am tested for my thyroid the labs come back with low tsh normal FT3 FT4 antibodies are fine so is cortisol and no one wants to treat me , they just want to 'keep an eye on the tsh' this has been going on for years and Im so sick of suffering with this
as far as I can tell I am subclinical hyperthyroid and have hyper symptoms

question: does anyone know of an alternative to prescription beta blockers?
I have experimented with herbs such as lemon balm & motherwort but they didnt help

thanks

Old 08-18-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: no doc will treat me

Could you share your labs with us along with the ranges? It would be interesting to see where you stand. Also if you can get a saliva cortisol test, it's far better than a singe serum test to see where your adrenals really are at.

I assume you are taking the beta blockers for high BP? Or for heart issues? There are many different kinds of BP meds out there that work well without the side effects of BBs but I'd hesitate to recommend anything else aside from the usual diet and exercise and careful monitoring if you have high pressures. Your doc is the best source of info on that and you should be able to discuss alternatives if you can't tolerate the med you are on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User

Yes, it's true most docs won't treat sub clinical hyper thyroid. You could try a holistic doc or naturopath, they might be able to give you the right potency of herbs to help you.It's really weird,if your Ft3 and 4 are still in range(even though high end) and so is tsh (low end) they won't treat but once they treat they keep you in the low end...does that make sense??

Old 08-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
(female)

Myth HB User

hi gravesgirl , nothing about the thyroid makes a lot of sense least of all the doctors I have tried several holistic docs (useless)
the only reason I havent seen a naturopath yet is they are expensive as theres no medicare rebates there

mcaimless, perhaps I didnt make myself clear ..no doc will treat subclincal hyper so Im not getting any treatment at all thats why Im looking for an alternative to prescription beta blocker so I can treat myself

Closed Thread