It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

rockrat71 HB User
Anyone have mild anemia as a result of hypo? Or vitamin D deficiency?

So I've had 2 CBCs run...the first was before I had taken any thyroid medicine at all and I had just found out my TSH was 99 then. My CBC came back as being slightly anemic. My dr. just called me yesterday to tell me (2 weeks after the fact). In the mean time I had gone to the endo and he also did a CBC...this was several days AFTER I started the Levoxyl. His CBC came back with everything in the normal range. Can being hypo cause mild anemia before it's treated? Also, found out I'm vitamin D deficient. Anyone else out there D def too?

Old 08-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Anyone have mild anemia as a result of hypo? Or vitamin D deficiency?

Low ferritin and low Vitamin D are extremely common with thyroid sufferers. You need to get both up to the higher end of your lab range.

Thyroid sufferers also can suffer gluten intolerance, with or without physical symptoms, and a lot have digestive disorders which lead to malabsorption of things like your iron and Vit d.

Vitamin D is important as it helps your adrenal function as well as uptake of T3. So all in all it's important for your thyroid help.

With thyroid conditions, not everybody suffers exact same symptoms, also most people will have other issues aside from their thyroid as it's kind of like a domino affect. Once one thing goes down it tends to take other things down with it. Putting it all back together is often like doing a jigsaw puzzle.

In my case i had very low vit D and ferritin,poor adrenal function producing too little cortisol, low digestive enzymes from my pancreas, poor phase 2 liver detox, excess estrogen and testosterone, low progesterone, fibroids due to excess estrogen, PMS, excessive fatigue, infertility, hair shedding and who knows what else at this point, but it's all part and parcel of the whole thyroid issue. I never feel cold, more warm than anything and i dont put on weight, but i'm hypo and have hashimoto's.

so make sure you keep and eagle eye on your ferritin, vitamin D and B12 too as your doctors likely wont give a toss and they are all important things in the whole process.

Hoping some of that helps and i'm sure you will find lots more informative information from the many posters on the board

Last edited by Audrey-B; 08-19-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
(female)

spegs2 HB User
Re: Anyone have mild anemia as a result of hypo? Or vitamin D deficiency?

i am very vitamin d def. i take it twice a week. also as a result of my recent thyroid removal(cancer knocked out two parathyroid glands) i have to take a calcuim pill everyday.

Closed Thread