It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
(female)

Rae0111 HB User
my thyroid test came back good but why do i still have symtoms?

my thyroid test came back good but why do i still have symtoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: my thyroid test came back good but why do i still have symtoms?

Which thyroid test and what does "good" mean in numbers in this case? If your TSH is just "within range" it doesn't automatically mean everything is fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
(female)

Rae0111 HB User

I had further test done of my sedrate, all tsh, putitary gland, i cant remeber the other 2, on friday due to I was not feeling good again and my the out side of my throat had pricking pain. The doctor said all my test came back in normal range. This all started one month ago with high blood pressure and my blood test then came back with low numbers of my thyroid. Seen a Endo Doc he said I am subclinical Hyperthyroidism. I'm frustrated because I still have this annoying pain and not feeling good......

Old 08-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User

Can you post your lab results? Being in the normal range doesn't mean you're ok. My labs are in the normal range right now but on the low end and I feel like crap.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I agree, "normal" means nothing, it depends where you are at the moment within the "range".

Has the doctor checked your adrenal function. I have found that my thyroid hormones can be ideal and so long as my adrenals are producing the right amount of cortisol i'm fantastic. The moment i begin to feel like rubbish again i know it's my adrenals.

A lot of doctors overlook the adrenals and if your cortisol levels are not right, no amount of thyroid medication will make that better. Often adrenal and thyroid issues go hand in hand and their symptoms are very similar.

So i'd say post your results and also ask your doctor to do an adrenal check. A saliva test is best where they check your cortisol levels throughout the day eg: 6am, 12noon, 6pm and 10pm. You get a kit and you do it from home. A morning only test is not good enough as some people produce sufficient cortisol first thing in the morning, but by mid morning their cortisol levels have nose dived and gone down the toilet.

Closed Thread