It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
(female)

Markers HB User
Hello and Question - on meds... am I Hashi?

Hello All!

I am new here. I've been reading your posts and gathering information the last couple of days. You have all gained so much knowledge!! I hope eventually I can return the favour on this board. I have a few questions for you (and background info).

About 8 years ago a Dr. that I had in another city told me that I had the Thyroid antibodies (although the Thyroid levels themselves were fine) and that eventually I would need Thyroid meds because the antibodies were slowly going to attack my Thyroid and it would work less and less (that's what he said). Fast forward to last February bloodwork done in the new city shows that I am Hypo. The doctor wasn't very informative.... and I have since switched Dr.'s because (not because of this, but because he was a temp Dr. while I was waiting to get a female physician).

Q1. No one has ever said I have Hashi's , but I think I do. Do I??

Ok, I have another question too. But I don't want to over-load people with info. I'm just so excited to have people who are going through this to talk to! I'll post the second question in a different post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Hello and Question - on meds... am I Hashi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markers View Post
Q1. No one has ever said I have Hashi's , but I think I do. Do I??
Yes I think so too since you have had thyroid antibodies and you're now HypoT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
(female)

rockrat71 HB User

Hi, I'm new here too and just diagnosed with severe hypothyroidism as a result of autoimmune thyroiditis (which is basically the same as Hashi but just a different name for it). My antibodies were somewhere in the 200s. I think if you test positive for the antibodies, whether your are hypo yet or not, you have autoimmune thyroiditis/Hashi.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
(female)

Markers HB User

Thanks! I thought so, but wasn't sure. Ya never know what you don't know. :-)

Closed Thread