It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Question Saw Endo, Update, More Testing

I saw my endocrinologist this morning. Quick background for those who don't know is that this began in Feb. for me. I have been untreated so far. I have high antibodies for TSI, TPO, Thyrogob. AB. My TSH and Free T3 and T4 have been fairly "normal." Last month my TSH was 6.4 and I was re-tested this week and it was 3.1 and I am untreated.

So today, I found out my TSH is 3.1 and last month it was 6.4. The endo thinks I may have other autoimmune diseases so she sent me to the labs for these tests:

~ANA
~CBS w/ differential w/ platelet
~Metabolic panel comp.
~Sedmentation Rate
~Urinanalysis
~Cortisol Serum by ICMA
~Catecholamines Plasma + (heart, hypertension)
~ Metanephrines Plasma Free
then I asked to re-check my antibodies:
~TSI
~TPO
~Thyrogob AB

I am pleased with her so far because she explains things to me and she listens to me. She has only been testing my TSH every 4 weeks, but I mentioned I would like to have my Free T3 and T4 checked at the same time and she is down with doing that, so that is good news. So next time, I will have all of them checked. So wants to run these labs and see what comes back. If they are abnormal she will address is and I come back right away, otherwise, I go back in November for a checkup and ultrasound. I don't want to give up on this doctor because she does listen, and when I suggest tests or things I want she is open to it. So with your guidance and all of the reading I am doing about the thyroid since Feb. it really helps.

What do you think? I think it is possible that since I have antibodies for both Graves and Hashimotos that makes my labs not match my symptoms. I almost always feel hyper, but I have more hypo lab ranges. I mentioned my kidney pains and my nearly constant heart aches/pain as well as my hair loss, muscle aches and soft bowels. It seems the physical symptoms continue to evolve for me and I gain new ones as time goes on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User
Re: Saw Endo, Update, More Testing

Hey Alexa!
Well it's good you're having the Frees checked(next time?) and the antibodies (again) it seems you have some hypo symptoms like the muscle aches and chest pains. The hairloss could be low Ft3. You won't know till these are checked. With a tsh like yours you are more Hashi's I would think. People show some hyper symptoms at the beginning,usually.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Saw Endo, Update, More Testing

It's weird. I have antibodies for both Hashi's and Graves, but I am basically hyper almost all the time since this began in Febuary 2009. I maybe get a week off here and there, but I am always very hyper with my symptoms, but my labs tend to be more on the hypo side.

I will get my TSH tested in a couple of weeks again and then at that time I will get the Free T3 and T4 done. They took 7 tubes of blood for all of these other tests. I am eager to find out the outcome and numbers on these tests. She seems to want to get the to bottom of my problems too, not just band-aid it and she will listen to me and order tests that I ask for which is good. I am not treated yet, so I am unsure, but I think she would be open to presccibing natural dessicated hormones.

I will post the outcome of these "other" tests when I know something. Thanks for your response, I appreciate it!

Closed Thread