It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

Luvmydogs6 HB User
Hypo, are these normal side affects?

My memory has been terrible lately. I can go out of the room to get something and quickly forget. I also have some serious confusion going on. My son has picked up on these things with me and is very worried and thinks there is something very wrong with me. I sometimes think I am going crazy! I am worried the way I feel with start making me depressed and I do not want to go there! I also have been slowly gaining some weight with my diet the same as it always was, if anything I am eating less. I have gained 25 lbs in the past two years and have tried all kinds of exercising, only to gain another pound! Is this all part of being Hypo?

I have no endo in my area since it is rural and have not had any bloodwork done in a year. I have been going to a walkin place the last four years since I moved here and they just keep renewing my same prescript. I did have bloodwork done in the past with them, but not in the last year. I am currently on 75mcg of Synthroid. I was on Levoxyl for 5 years before that.

PLEASE HELP!
Thanx in advance!

ps: I also feel very fatigued all the time and have absolutely no energy. My concentration and comprehension is not that great either.
I wish I had stayed hyper!

Last edited by Luvmydogs6; 08-22-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Hypo, are these normal side affects?

You really need to have your labs taken to see if your levels are off (and they very probably are) - sounds like you are insufficiently treated. Post you results here when you get them and we can comment more Make sure you get at least TSH and FT4 tested (FT3 would also be great )

Last edited by FinnMaid; 08-23-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Hypo, are these normal side affects?

I agree with FinnMaid. These aren't "side effects", they're symptoms... and they're never "normal".

Your dose is very likely too small. Get your levels checked. If the MD says they're normal and you don't need a med increase, get another opinion.

Closed Thread