It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

Oppida HB User
Do you ever feel "normal" or "good"???

I'm starting to feel very hopeless. It's been a year since I had one day that I didn't feel like crap. Either I'm having panic attacks, I can't breathe or I'm so tired I can't move or even pick up my kids ( and I have a spirited 3.5 year old and spirited 1 year old). I feel good about 4 hours a day, then I feel like crap for the rest. My mind is always foggy and I have crazy-lady mood swings. I can't trust anything I feel or think because I constantly feel crazy. My meds have made me worse- Levoxyl made me even more crazy and I'm waiting to see if the Armour will work for me..I've been on it for 3 weeks.

I have to force myself to do anything- clean, work, cook, exercise, grocery shop, etc.

I know a year is not that long to most people suffering with thyroid issues- many have suffered for many, many years...I just want to know if I'll ever feel better again. Do you ever feel normal? Do you ever feel good?

I'm losing hope.

Last edited by Oppida; 08-30-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: Do you ever feel "normal" or "good"???

I'm so sorry you feel this way. I know this is a rough patch but I think you are on the right track with the Armour. Make sure to slowly raise your dose until you feel the fewest symptoms and keep an eye on your free T levels. How much are you currently on?

Did you ever test your adrenals with a saliva cortisol test? If you still can't tolerate the thyroid meds it could be from low cortisol.

Hanginthere, I know exactly how you feel (though I didn't have to deal with small children through this-- wow!).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
(female)

Oppida HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelina View Post
I'm so sorry you feel this way. I know this is a rough patch but I think you are on the right track with the Armour. Make sure to slowly raise your dose until you feel the fewest symptoms and keep an eye on your free T levels. How much are you currently on?

Did you ever test your adrenals with a saliva cortisol test? If you still can't tolerate the thyroid meds it could be from low cortisol.

Hanginthere, I know exactly how you feel (though I didn't have to deal with small children through this-- wow!).
Well, I was on 4 grains! But, it was a pharmacy mistake. They put take two tablets eery day and I should have only taken 1. I went VERY hyper and now I'm on one a day. So that would be 2 grains. I'm going to hold that dosage for a while till I stablize. Not sure how long it takes for excess t3/t4 to get out of my system though...

I haven't done a saliva cortisol test, I am doing a 24 urine. If it comes back normal I'll probably do the saliva test to be sure. I went ahead withe the urine b/c the doc would order it and insurance would pay.

Thank you for you reply. Maybe it's just becuase I was just so hyper and now I'm swinging the other way that I feel so hopeless. I've just been swinging back and forth for so long that I feel hopeless and crazy.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Until I hit a recent rough patch thanks to the Armour reformulation, I was feeling perfectly normal for about 4 1/2 years. Honest!

You have to remember that boards like this draw mostly those who doing poorly. The ones who are optimally treated and doing well don't have a need to come here. That's why it looks more hopeless than it actually is.

The T4 you take today will be mostly gone within about 10 days to 2 weeks. The T3 will be gone in a day or so. So you should not be feeling much in the way of hyper from the time you were overdosed. If that helps.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
(female)

confusa HB User

i can relate to you. i could have written your post. i have 3 beautiful girls and i have dealt wiith this for 4 years. i was on the armour and it worked much better on me than the synthetic stuff. however i was just switched to naturethroid and this transition phase has me "starting " all over again. i would love to know if i will ever be the real me again. with out the dizziness and anxiety. i could write more. but i do want to mention that an adrenal fatigue book called adrenal fatigue, 21st century stress syndrome helped me alot. i was doing better before. now i feel like i am starting all over again. hope the book helps. i know i am on the right track but not sure exactly when this will improve.just wanted to let you know i am in the same boat and can relate. would love some encouragement too...it would be nice to hear someone say... "i was like that and i feel so much better now."

Old 10-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
(female)

themainemom HB User

Thank you for this post. I have yet to be diagnosed yet. Endo appt next week. But I have felt like c@ap every day for the last year and a half. Ok, maybe I'm exagerating, I have some days where I feel ok, sometimes it changes from hour to hour (literally). At any rate I do not feel GOOD and force myself through everything I do. Hoping that a diagnosis and treatment can give me my life back. Wishful thinking?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

With such excessive tiredness after being on meds for a while it either means the tiredness is related to wrong dosage of meds or your adrenal cortisol levels are not correct and you might need to take meds for that.

I have heard of a 24hr urine test from a friend, but not sure how it works or how accurate it is. I've only ever done the saliva test and inbetween repeat saliva tests my doctor monitors my cortisol levels with a blood test, but purely as a 'guide' only.

I know for me it was my low cortisol levels which could have seen me sleeping 24/7. I couldn't go through this type of thing with children, unless there was a 100% supportive partner there to help you out.

The only other thing which is know to cause chronic tiredness is anemia or very low ferritin levels. Get those checked too as most thyroid sufferers have low ferritin, low Vitamin D, some have very low zinc and B12. We end up low in a lot of things due to the stomach and digestive system being affected by thyroid issues. Wherever there are thyroid receptors in the body you can expect problems once you have a thyroid problem diagnosed eg; stomach, ovaries, liver and i'm sure there are others.

Closed Thread