It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

sandypaws HB User
Doctor Recommendation? Kaiser, San Diego.

Anyone have a doctor in San Diego through Kaiser that pays attention to symptoms?
Something is going on with me, thyroid or not, and my doc doesn't address my symptoms at all. I'd love a recommendation for a doctor that will treat a person, not a lab result.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Exclamation Re: Doctor Recommendation? Kaiser, San Diego.

I am in San Diego and I see Dr. Magnanelli as an endocrinologist and I really like her. She listens to me and has been running various tests to see what else is going on. She was only testing my TSH, but I asked her to add my Free T3 and T4 each time and she agrees. She is willing to listen to me and do as I ask and work with me. We use the Sharp Coronado Hospital otherwise, so I am unsure of the hospital name off the 163 by Balboa park, but her office is located in one of the buildings outside the hospital. I don't know anything about insurance or Kaiser? My husband is a retired navy officer, so we are covered in that regard.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Doctor Recommendation? Kaiser, San Diego.

For a regular doctor, I see Dr. Adams or Dr. Byers-Lund, both females at the Coronado Medical Group in Coronado. They referred me to the endocrinologist that I like. They also are willing to listen to me. They are regular family doctors.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
(female)

sandypaws HB User

Thanks Alexain2006.
Kaiser is my HMO or whatever. I have to stick with doctors from Kaiser hospitals and medical centers.
Good to know there are some good docs out there though!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

It is going okay, I am still untreated as I have been testing since Feb. although I have a known autoimmune disease of the thyroid. I am getting frusterated because my antobodies are above range, so TSH is high and has been up to 6.4 and still no treatment, just more testing....

Old 09-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
(female)

joannaD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
Anyone have a doctor in San Diego through Kaiser that pays attention to symptoms?
Something is going on with me, thyroid or not, and my doc doesn't address my symptoms at all. I'd love a recommendation for a doctor that will treat a person, not a lab result.

Thank you!
I have the same issue; can you please let me know if you find something out?? Thank you!!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am actually going to be switching endo's myself by the end of this year. I was originally pleased with mine because she listened, didn't mind that I had knowledge, and was willing to run tests that I asked for.

But, with tests confirming a TSH between 3.0 - 6.4 and a high adrenal test, and antibodies for both Hashi and Graves, thyroid opthamology and intense symptoms, she won't treat me saying my thyroid is still functioning.

Closed Thread