It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Question Worst Headache, Nausea, Weakness and Body Shakes

Last night I experienced the single most worst headache of my entire life. My eyes ached and were pounding (I have thyroid eye disease in the form of the aches and pain, dry eyes and sometimes periods of irriation, swelling.) The base of my neck ached very deeply as well as my temples. This headache made me feel as if I had to throw up and I went to a few times, but I never actually threw up. I went to bed and I became extremely cold and I began to have the shakes inside.

I woke up at 1AM, disoriented, I have to roll my head back and forth to lull myself back to sleep because I felt some bad nausea. Weird. Then today I am okay, headache is gone, but my legs are extremely weak.

I am untreated for my thyroid problem which consists of nodules on my thyroid (recent swelling of the thyroid in the last week where I feel choked) and thyroid eye disease (dry eyes, mostly aches and sometimes actual pain, periods of swelling and irritation) I also had elevated antibodies for both Hashi and Graves and my TSH hovers in the 3 range and has been up to 6.4.

Any idea of what may be going on now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: Worst Headache, Nausea, Weakness and Body Shakes

Did you have a fever? If you have Graves you need to look up Thyroid Storm and make sure you don't fit that set of signs and symptoms. Otherwise it sounds like a migraine. Many of us are migraineurs, myself included.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Worst Headache, Nausea, Weakness and Body Shakes

I was worried about it being a thyroid storm, but I didn't want know to expect. It was pretty extreme, whatever it was that was going on. I never had a migraine before, but this would qualify for a migraine strength.

I never felt so weird with the shaking, I thought I was going to die in the middle of the night, but too weak to get up and tell my husband. It is difficult to really explain how I really felt.

I have a high pain tolerance and the way I felt had me down.

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 09-08-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Closed Thread