It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Anyone's lymph nodes react to thyroid problems?

I first noticed my lymph nodes being swollen back in March. Went to an ENT in June who ordered a thyroid u/s and ct scan of my neck. Ultrasound showed thyroid nodules and ct scan was normal except for a few "scattered shotty nodes". The ENT said everything was fine and just follow up later.
Since then, I've been diagnosed with post partum thyroiditis and I'm taking Levoxthyrine (sp?). The lymph nodes are still swollen though and its worrying me. I'm going to my ENT next week to have him look again but just wondering if anyone else had swollen lymph nodes with Thyroid Disease?

Old 09-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
(female)

sophiesmom59 HB User
Re: Anyone's lymph nodes react to thyroid problems?

Mine do. Not only in my neck but mainly in my left armpit as well.

That's how I knew I had another Hashi's attack starting when I felt the discomfort in my armpit. Within a few days, my left lobe was swollen. The doctor called it "hardened" last week. No clue what that means though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

How long do they stay swollen? I'm going on 6 months now BUT I just started medication a month ago and I don't think I'm on the right dosage so maybe they'll go down when I get my levels under control.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
(female)

sophiesmom59 HB User

My swelling really didn't get under control until about a month after I started the medication (synthroid). It would come and go before I started for a few months. Stop then start all over again. When I first started with this doctor, my ultrasound showed a swollen lymph node right next to my left lobe. It's still swollen two months later though.

That only lasted about a month before it started all over again recently. I was like this for about 2 weeks.

My TSH went up from 2.9 to 3.9 while on the starter dose of synthroid though. And my T4 only got to 1.5 (37%) and T3T only increased from 109 a couple of months ago to 134 which is about 30% of the range.

My dosage got doubled. I just started it recently so I'll let you know when my lymph nodes go back to normal.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

My were swollen a few months back for a couple of weeks. I am starting to feel it again, so for me it seems to come on for a couple of and week an stop for several months.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
(female)

sophiesmom59 HB User

Today's day 4 since my medication was doubled. I did notice a decrease in my left lobe swelling. It doesn't feel as swollen and hard as it did a few days ago. The neck area is still pretty sore but I don't feel any other bumps there anymore. I'm still feeling fatigued and lethargic though. Still a little slow and forgetful again.

I'm not as sore as I was in the armpit area. It doesn't feel nearly as bad as it did a few days ago.

This is a strange symptom but when my Hashi's was very active for the past couple of weeks, my teeth and gums hurt Anyone else have this problem?

Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

That's funny you ask b/c all last week, I was having toothaches... Lasted maybe 2 or 3 days. I never thought about blaming it on my thyroid problems but maybe??

I go back in October to check my levels and adjust my dosage. Do you think my lymph node swelling will go down once I'm getting the right amt of medication?? The swollen lymphnodes are only on the right side of my neck and as of june, my right lobe was more swollen than th left.

Closed Thread