It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
(female)

rachel716 HB User
Endo Appt

I originally made an appt with an Endo that my PCP recommended (made the appointment earlier this month, first available was December 15th). After doing research I couldn't find any information on her online other than she is board certified. Last night I bought Thyroid for Dummies (I recommend it to everyone) and the section on finding an Endocrinologist was particularly helpful. After following Dr. Rubin's suggestions, I still couldn't find anything on the Endo I have the appointment with.

Today I decided to do further research into finding a good Endo and I luckily found one with great credentials and awesome reviews from patients. I was able to email the office and within 10 minutes I had a response to my questions from the doctor himself. When I called to make an appointment I was surprised to find out that he can see me as early as this Monday. After reading comments on here and from my own personal experience it seems so hard to get an appointment and you have to make them a month in advance if you're lucky. Should I be concerned that this doctor was so accessible or am I looking too far into this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: Endo Appt

What questions did you ask of this doctor? My questions would be: Does he test free T3 and free T4 levels? Does he rely on TSH for diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease? Does he pay attention to patient's symptoms? Is he open to prescribing natural desiccated thyroid if the patient wishes to go that treatment route? Does he believe in adrenal fatigue?

Sometimes doctors have cancellations that come up unexpectedly and that might be why you got in early. It usually good to go by other satisfied patients to find a good doc and finding one who will answer your questions ahead of time is very unusual. At least you won't have to wait a very long time to find out if he's any good!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread