It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

help thyroid neck pain breathing difficulty

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
tb779
(female)

tb779 HB User
help thyroid neck pain breathing difficulty

I dont even know where to start. I had a thyroid scan the other day and the endoc dr found nodule that she feels is suspicious and needs to be biopsied. I have not felt good for several years and have suspected a thyroid problem but all the labs come back normal and they run them all. Even before the scan i was noticing that what i thought was my glands hurting on my right side of my neck. Some minor swelling of my lymph nodes on the back of my neck. Now i am feeling even worse having drenching sweats, feeling fluish, cannot stay focused, fatigue or tiredness worse than i have ever had,, and i have been diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia. In fact today i thought for sure i was going to pass out at work. I had to lean against a door frame and wait til it passed. I cant walk far without being short of breath or winded. I have had a sore throat and went to urgent care and she said my throat looks fine and it is not red. SHe looked at me like I was nuts and put me on an antibiotic because i teach and was being cautious i guess. Of course the antibiotic didnt work and i feel like i am a little worse everyday. I dont have a primary care doc. Do I call my endroconologist? The emergency room would do nothing other than some routine blood work say everything looks fine and send me on my way. It is effecting my work and my life. Can your thyroid make you this sick? ANy insight would be helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #2
Reece
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: help thyroid neck pain breathing difficulty

How large is the nodule? If it's large enough, it can constrict your airway. Get your needle biopsy, and see a good ENT. If it is that large that it constricts, it would need to be removed no matter what the needle biopsy says.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
javelina
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: help thyroid neck pain breathing difficulty

If you have any recent labs please post here with the ranges, often docs order the wrong labwork or don't know how to read the results correctly. You sound like you've got undiagnosed hypothyroidism.

Closed Thread