It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Related Symptoms??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
Paseo
(male)

Paseo HB User
Related Symptoms??

Hi everyone,

As you know from my other posts I am highly suspicious of having Hashi's and being hypothyroid. I just found out that not only does my mother have Hashi's, her sister had her thyroid removed in the 70's... hmmmm

Anyway, last night at work I was going about my business and I started having these hot flashes that resulted in immediate nausea. The "episodes" would only last 10-15 seconds at a time but they would come and go and seemed to worsen. Well, the last couple of times it happened I almost had to run to the bathroom because I thought I would vomit. My stomach felt fine per se, but the nausea from the hot flashes were intolerable. They were causing dizziness and light headedness too.

Ok, fast forward to tonight about 30 minutes ago. I got up to help my wife put away the food and I got this sudden chill and had to grab my hoody. Mind you it was about 70 degrees in the house. Then I started getting extreme nausea and had to run to the bathroom. I dry heaved a few times but then I felt fine.

Can anyone relate? Should I be focusing on another issue or does this sound likely of being hypothyroid.

One thing to add. I think I am getting worse rather quickly. After years of dealing with symptoms I have really started to see horrible within the last 6 months or so and even worse the past couple of months.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paseo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
javelina
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: Related Symptoms??

Get those antibodies tested. It sounds like you may have Hashi's flares going on, with your family hx it's important to find out.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Paseo
(male)

Paseo HB User

Thanks javelina,

More dry heaving yesterday and this morning. It tends to occur in the morning and evening. My wife wants to know when I'm due I asked her to hold my hair back yesterday morning (shaved bald) so I haven't lost my humor completely

No actual vomiting and after a few heaves it seems ok. Then after breakfast settles it seems to go away until the evening time. I can have some in the afternoon, but minor in comparison.

Also, does anyone notice drastic cold changes. One minute I'm fine the next I'm freezing. Or, one day my hands are freezing and the next they aren't so bad. Or, one night I can have one blanket, wake up in the middle of the night with two and then still cold?? Is it "normal" in a Hashi's way for this rollercoaster ride?

Anyway, I made an appointment with a Dr. Martin Milner out here in Portland, Oregon. He came highly recommended from many online sources and he apparently is at the forefront of using compounded formulas for thyroid hormones that release slowly instead of all at once. He also said that he treats all aspects of the endocrine systems so he will be treating my low testosterone and other things like adrenals if needed.

Will keep posted!

Old 12-29-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
sparkie
Senior Veteran
(female)

sparkie HB User

I've had mild nausea with my adrenal issues, and from what I have read, this is a symptom. It's an odd kind of nausea because if I eat something, it certainly doesn't make it worse and at times makes it better. My appetite has decreased but I certainly have bouts of hunger. When all of this first started happening in September, I would go from being extremely hungry one second, to no appetite the next. Have you monitored your temp at all? If not, check it AM, noon, and PM. If it drops throughout the day, that is another sign of an adrenal issue. When is your appt scheduled with your new MD?

Old 12-29-2009, 06:38 AM   #5
Paseo
(male)

Paseo HB User

I usually sit at 96.8-97.3 in the morning when I wake up and seem to warm up slightly. Some days I will hit 98.6 and other days only hit 98.0. I haven't been too religious with the taking of the temps but this is what I have been noticing when I do take my temp.

Another problem with me is my low testosterone and that can cause some of these symptoms too so it can be hard to figure out where they overlap.

My appt is on Jan 6th at 12 noon. The 6th was the soonest they could get me in and I had to wait until noon because I have to get my son on his bus for pre-K.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
EagleRiverDee
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

I am hypothyroid and I become extremely nauseous at times if I haven't had enough sleep. I'm talking if I am very jet lagged or if I only got a couple hours. My body is extremely sensitive to time changes and to lack of sleep. The last time this occurred I vomited so hard that I had streaks on my face where the blood vessels had burst, my eyes had burst vessels and I honestly thought I was going to stroke out because I could not stop throwing up. I never correlated that it might have something to do with my thyroid. Good to know.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
Paseo
(male)

Paseo HB User

I have low testosterone too so I don't know if maybe it is a combination of the two. Also, the swelling in my neck seems to sometimes push on my neck and that can make me naseous too.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
lorun15
(female)

lorun15 HB User

Hi Paseo,

Have you ever got to the bottom of your issues? I have the same symptoms and have had them for a few years now. I keep suspecting its my thyroid. I too am located in Portland and cant find a dr that will really look into it. Doctors keep saying I am depressed but I dont respond to antidepressants. I am so tired, please help!

Closed Thread