It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

Can't get interpretation from DR - please help.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
zazi
(female)

zazi HB User
Question Can't get interpretation from DR - please help.

Hi
I am female and was 22 years old when i had my first thyroid function test.

After doing this test and i did not have time to see the dr before leaving the country and have only just managed to track the results down. Since i am no longer in the same country as the dr i can not go back for a diagnosis -
I am having another thyroid function test next week and in the mean time i would like to know what these old results mean? or at least what they could suggest.....
any help would be appreaciated.

free t4 15 tmol/l
free t3 4.83 pmo/l
tsh 2.07miu/l

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
FinnMaid
Senior Veteran
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: Can't get interpretation from DR - please help.

To interpret those results we would need lab's reference ranges for those - any way you can get them? (in Finland many lab manuals can be found on line).

Last edited by FinnMaid; 01-13-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
zazi
(female)

zazi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnMaid View Post
To interpret those results we would need lab's reference ranges for those - any way you can get them? (in Finland many lab manuals can be found on line).
i just got off the phone with the hospital and their labs ranges are as follows:

9.1 -24.4 is the range for normal T4

2.23 - 5.35 is the range for normal T3

0.30 - 4.64 is the range for normal TSH

Last edited by zazi; 01-13-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 AM   #4
FinnMaid
Senior Veteran
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Your TSH is possibly a bit on the high side (that would mean on the hypothyroid side). Your FT4 is below midrange so a bit low for a female (leaning towards HypoT). Your FT3 seems nice being in the top third of the range - for some it could even be "too nice" (leaning towards hyperthyroidsm). So hopefully those coming tests reveal more I'm guessing you're having symptoms since you're getting another set of tests?

Last edited by FinnMaid; 01-14-2010 at 02:20 AM.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 AM   #5
zazi
(female)

zazi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnMaid View Post
Your TSH is possibly a bit on the high side (that would mean on the hypothyroid side). Your FT4 is below midrange so a bit low for a female (leaning towards HypoT). Your FT3 seems nice being in the top third of the range - for some it could even be "too nice" (leaning towards hyperthyroidsm). So hopefully those coming tests reveal more I'm guessing you're having symptoms since you're getting another set of tests?
i am not sure what i am having.....
i have chronic dry skin, i do get cold quite easily and i have a few other symptoms but those symptoms are pretty common to other conditions....irritability, fatigue etc.
the one thing that has happened recently was that i had two ultrashape treatment (basically this is non-invasive fat removal via ultrasound) i lost 7cm on my thigh area..... but i gained it all back within two weeks even though i was following the correct diet and doing the right amount of cardio and drinking the right amount of water....

i am not retaining water at the moment .... so there must be some underlying factor that made my body somehow put the fat back. i don't even know where the fat came from because i certainly did not eat the fat and there is no way that my calorie intake exceeded my calorie output in the last two weeks.

are there any hormonal conditions that would cause my body to force the fat back to that area?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
javelina
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User

I would get some new labs done and see what your current levels are. Your symptoms seem to be hypo and the inability to lose weight is a common hypo issue.

Closed Thread