It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
(female)

sharon1823 HB User
weak and shaky arms and legs

I have fibromyalgia and hashimoto's disease. Before being diagnosed with it, on occassions I would feel shaky all over. It would come over like a wave and food did not help stop it. I was then diagnosed with fibro and hashi and put on T3. A lot of my symptoms, i.e. hair loss and severe fatigue slowed down as my thyroid levels increased. However, this wave of feeling shaky all over increased. now I have it most of the time. I feel overly tired and even pushing on the pedal of my car to stop it causes my level to shake up and down. They don't shake it they are not being pressed on but they feel weak. What else could this be from? I had a vitamin d deficiency also that is at a good level from constant taking of vitamin d. It does not change with food intake either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

bittygirl HB User
Re: weak and shaky arms and legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon1823 View Post
I have fibromyalgia and hashimoto's disease. Before being diagnosed with it, on occassions I would feel shaky all over. It would come over like a wave and food did not help stop it. I was then diagnosed with fibro and hashi and put on T3. A lot of my symptoms, i.e. hair loss and severe fatigue slowed down as my thyroid levels increased. However, this wave of feeling shaky all over increased. now I have it most of the time. I feel overly tired and even pushing on the pedal of my car to stop it causes my level to shake up and down. They don't shake it they are not being pressed on but they feel weak. What else could this be from? I had a vitamin d deficiency also that is at a good level from constant taking of vitamin d. It does not change with food intake either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have these symptoms to and I have hashi. I also suffer from low ferritan levels so after I got them up to normal range I have to be on maintance dose of 18mg of iron forever or my ferritan levels will drop again. have you tested your ferritan levels? Most likely it its from being under treated for your thyroid. i notice that when my I am feeling my best the shakiness is not as severe but is still there. it never really goes away. gets worse when my tsh is past 1, and the fatigue and week ares and legs start in to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User

I'd get some labs to see what your ferritin levels are. Also have you been worked up for adrenal fatigue? You need to do saliva testing for that.

Low ferritin and adrenal fatigue are the main reason why hormone replacement isn't successful. It sounds like these may be what's going on.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
(female)

sharon1823 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittygirl View Post
I have these symptoms to and I have hashi. I also suffer from low ferritan levels so after I got them up to normal range I have to be on maintance dose of 18mg of iron forever or my ferritan levels will drop again. have you tested your ferritan levels? Most likely it its from being under treated for your thyroid. i notice that when my I am feeling my best the shakiness is not as severe but is still there. it never really goes away. gets worse when my tsh is past 1, and the fatigue and week ares and legs start in to.
I am actually on Ferritan because I had hemorraghing problems after my daughter was born and I could keep any of my iron levels above the status "alert". I haven't however had my iron checked in awhile. I have Crohn's and I have heard that you can loose blood (and iron) with that also. On my next Dr.'s appt. I will have it checked. Thank you. Hopefully it is that!

Closed Thread