It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

Bebop17 HB User
Question What is normal post-Graves TGAB/anti-TG?

Apologies if this has been answered; I have searched unsuccessfully through many threads here (and many other sources) for this information.

My understanding is that high TGAB always means one has, or had, Graves or Hashimoto's, and that very high TGAB always means Hashimoto's. (Is this accurate?) But I can't find anything defining high vs. very high.

My specific question is this: can a reading of 5820 for TGAB in 2008 be explained by a diagnosis of Graves in 1994, which was treated by chemically-induced remission three times, the first two times by PTU in 1994 and 1997 and the last time by Tapazole, around 2004-5? There was regular TSH, T3 and T4 testing with consistent euthyroid results since the last remission.

I am hoping there is an easy yes or no answer. But LOL I've read many threads since I fell off the truck and landed here. So I'm including more info (and quite prepared to hear it's not enough or the wrong info. )

Other abnormal results at the same time in 2008 (or within a couple of days) include Anti-TPO high at >10000, B12 high at 636, and MCH low at 27.3. Also, although they seem to be within normal limits, Epinephrine Plasma at 0.3 and Norepinephrine Plasma at 3.3 are bolded on the test results, as if abnormal.

A bit of context: at the time, I was sick in that qualitatively different way that screams autoimmune disease to me. Up to that time, I knew it as "what Graves feels like", so that's what I thought it was. I figured out fairly quickly that my body was attacking some dental bone graft material that had been poured into my jaw after a couple of complex molar extractions. I also learned I had a raging dental/periodontal infection that pre-dated the extractions, had gone systemic, and didn't turn up in bloodwork. It took weeks to get the infection treated and months to get the toxic material removed. I continue to have problematic symptoms and to search for a proper workup. I just want to know if this TGAB reading is indicative of anything other than old Graves or just a red herring - and now I'm generally curious about the different normal abnormal ranges, LOL.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread