It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
(female)

Jessm007 HB User
Throbbing/pulsing related to hypothyroidism?

I've been experiencing some strange and scary throbbing/pulsing symptoms throughout my body that started a few weeks ago. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism about two weeks ago so I'm wondering if this could have something to do with it. I can now constantly see and feel my pulse in the middle of my abdomen. It's also been very noticeable in my left ear (can feel it and sounds like a "whooshing" noise) Sometimes I feel it in my lower/mid back and sides, hands, finger tips, head, and neck. The doctor at the ER (where I was diagnosed with HypoT) didn't say anything about these symptoms. These were actually the main symptoms that landed me in the ER because I thought I maybe had a blood clot or something else really serious. According to the tests they did while I was in--EKG, chest XRAY, and blood tests, the only thing wrong with me is the HypoT. I will be going back to the doctor for more tests once my new health insurance policy takes effect in another week, but I am worried about these symptoms I'm having.

Has anyone experiences similar symptoms as part of their thyroid disorder?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
(female)

bcoceo85 HB User
Re: Throbbing/pulsing related to hypothyroidism?

I actually can say yes that I have had these issues with feelin my pulse at different times like that. I really never thought about why because it dont happen alot with me.
I am hypo but just recently been told that my thyroid has done a flip flop and that I am now hyper.
Make sure that when u go for more tests that they check every aspect of ur thyroid levels. There are alot of them and they all can cause different things.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread