It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User
Hypothyroid & tingling hands and feet

I am 63 and hypothyroid. I take 112 mcg. levothyroxine per day and seem to do well on it. Tonight however, I'm experiencing some pronouced tingling in the palms of my hands and bottom of my feet when I try to go to sleep.. I've been eating a good diet - no sweets - no junk food, mostly vegetables and low sodium. Have taken two brisk long walks today.

I'm wondering if this is thryroid related or what.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Hypothyroid & tingling hands and feet

Hi, You might need to get your Ft4 and Ft3 checked to make sure you are converting to Ft3.

There might be other reasons for your symptoms. It would be best to tell your doctor about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
(female)

barbarae HB User

Hi,
I have the same tingling.
When I was diagnosed as hypo, my TSH was 158, also dx'd with type 2 diabetes and neuropathy.
My GP sent me to see an endo and neurologist who gave the final dx.
I'm not sure if hypothyroid and diabetes are all related or not.
Best wishes to you.
Barbara

Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User

This can also be related to adrenals, so a saliva cortisol test would be helpful. I have neuropathy-like symptoms when I get hypo too and have found that magnesium citrate taken to bowel tolerance helps somewhat but I need to get my free T3 levels up near top of range to relieve the symptoms.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

Also have your B-12 checked, this can cause neuropathy type stuff. A lot with Hashi's are B-12 deficient.(pernicious anemia)

Closed Thread