It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

HeidiBR HB User
Swinginh HyPO to HypER - how does this work?

Hi -

I am newly diagnosed. I have a (by the numbers) mild case of Hashimoto's. I am being treated with 50 mcg of Synthroid. It has only been a week of treatment. Some days I swear I am more hyper than others. Some other days, I am cold and more bloated and feel more hypo.

Does this swing last for: hours, days, weeks, etc?

Does this swing continue even when I am optimized on meds?

Thanks for your insight!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
(male)

crmaz11 HB User
Re: Swinginh HyPO to HypER - how does this work?

Hi Heidi,

I have also been diagnosed with hasimoto's and on 150 mcg of levoxyl. I swear there are days, like today, i have all the hyper sysmptoms, sweating, insensitivity to heat, shaky hands, insomnia, etc. Last blood work was 8.5 tsh. this is really confusing....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I am not sure. I just started Armour in January/Febuary of this year. I felt nothing the first few weeks, then I began to become very hyper. I already have or have had antibodies for both hyper and hypothyroidism, so I know what it feels like to be hyper.

With my small dose os 30mg of Armour, I am quite hyper. My last labs were extremely hyper and my next appt. is on Monday which I assume will be the same news.

Some days lately, I feel like I am adjusting and coming down from being hyper and some days I don't. After living like a zombie for the last year, it is amazing to feel the energy come back into my body again. So, far, for the first time, I am missing my period this month. I wonder because of stress of college and being hyper the last few months now.

I don't have an answer, the thyroid is complicated.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
(female)

starlightlizzy HB User

Hi Heidi - What was your TPO number. Mine was 17, but still in the normal range. Does that mean I don't have Hashi's. Someone said I do, because it is showing antibody's regarding how big the number is. Anyone else agree?

Closed Thread