It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

schaima HB User
choaking in the neck throat

hi, i hope some one can help me!

I have choaking sensations in the neck,throat and chest area.For the past week it comes and goes and yesterday i had it the entire day. The tightness feels on the throat and chest. For the past 3 days i went to the hospetal, they checked my heart,thyroid, tested my blood ,made a chest XRay - and they found nothing. I was told everything is ok also the thyroid ultrasound.
I went to my Dr.with my hospetal results, she was clueless as well.

Does anyone know what to do ?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: choaking in the neck throat

Whenever the tests show nothing, you should assume the test results are correct but that the people looking at those results might not have the ability to read them correctly. It happens with thyroid disease all the time.

What thyroid tests did you have? If you have TSH and free T4 results, you can post them here - with their lab ranges - for interpretation. If you have free T3, too, that's all the better.

Did a doctor feel the thyroid area of your neck manually while you swallow to check for enlargement and growths? Not all MDs remember to do that exam, or even know how to perform it properly.

Other than thyroid disease, one thing that can cause the symptoms you describe is acid reflux. If the thyroid is eventually completely ruled out, you should undergo reflux tests to see if that might be it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

TerraT HB User

I have had this feeling many times in the past especially with the armour thyroid roller coaster. I find that if Im taking too much or too little medication I get this and once its adjusted it does go away. So you may just need a little adjustment on your medication.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I am probably not too much help, but I wrote a thread and I described it as corn stuck in my throat sensation. I guess it kinda feels like that or a tightening too. I also have dull, heavy, achy chest and heart and I feel extremely stressed.....although I am not stressed personally, it is more of a physical thing that has taken over me.

I feel like that with my hypo symptoms again. I am on Armour, but my symptoms have been a steady roller coaster or sometimes a complete tornado of hypo and hyper together, so it is difficult to tell where I am or communicate how I am feeling to my endo.

Closed Thread