It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

rosabelove HB User
what should your free t4 be on blood work

what should your free t4 be on blood work

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: what should your free t4 be on blood work

Usually it needs to be somewhere from midrange to high third of the range. If it's in the low third of the range (or below range) then it very likely is too loo. We all have our own personal needs so one size doesn't fit all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
(female)

Jen1984 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnMaid View Post
Usually it needs to be somewhere from midrange to high third of the range. If it's in the low third of the range (or below range) then it very likely is too loo. We all have our own personal needs so one size doesn't fit all
Yeah Finn is right. Every lab varies and I guess themachines that they have run the labs can be different too. I have actually been on the same quest about researching T4... You don't have any questions about free t4? Or just t4 in general?

Old 05-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User

When I was on Synthroid, my FT4 did get up to the mid range, but when I switched to Armour (compounded version) it barely even got into range yet my FT3 was getting higher. I've read this is normal for being on NTH, that your FT4 never gets high.

Closed Thread