It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
(female)

cjb1966 HB User
Thyroid?Endo Question

Hi

This is a question that i have posted a few weeks back and since then I got the results back from the blood tests that I was waiting for that are the bottom of the page. I did post a smaller message yesterday but nobody has answered so am hoping that this may help someone understand a bit more what I am trying to say.

New results back are:
Serum Parathyroid hormone 45ng/L Range(9-73)
Serum Cortisol 414nmol/L Range (150-600nmol/L)
Serum Calcuim 2.4nmol/L Range (2.1-2.6)
Serum Albumin 42g/l Range (35-50)
Serum TSH 2.1mIU/L Range (0.4-5.0)
Serum Free T4 level 13pmlo/L Range (9-19)

Below is the question i posted a few weeks back with some other results.

Any advice would be appreciated.

This is the first question that I have posted, I wondered if anyone could lead me in the correct direction. I am being checked at the moment by an endocrinologist as I have a previous pituitary macro adenoma, this was diagnosed in 1994, since then had an MRI every 2 to 3 years and my prolactine taken every six months, it was really high when found but has been fine since, got put on bromocriptine back then but i only took it for about 6 weeks as it made me really ill, no other meds and it seemed to resolve itself, as biggest was 12mm, last scan 3 years ago just under 9mm, am due another scan. My problems last few years have been that i get really hot, cant stand being closed in things, (trains etc) as i just get so hot, I can't tolerate heat, blow fans or central heating that makes rooms warm, get really light headed, dizzy, and racing heart. Ask Endo to check for thyroid had 2 different lots of bloods taken 4 weeks apart, and well as 2 x 24 hour urine test, for adrenalin, nor drenalin. Had full blood counts, the 2 issue that have come from the tests are high cholestrol 5.9, and low ferritin of 3, i know that is really bad and wondering if it is that issue that is making me feel so rough.

My Serum Free was 3.9 Range(3.1-6.8) second test 4.7
Serum T4 12.6 Range (12.0-22.0) second test 17.0
Serum TSH 1.7 Range (0.24-4.20) 1.4

9am cortisol 354

IGF 1 17.8 (range 9.0-40.0)

Any advice help would be so appreciated, I have had anxiety before on and off for years, also had really bad headaches since the end of march when i had a migraine with aura and it knocked me off for about 3 weeks, weak, balance, really horrible, my tests for peri meno came back fine also, so I don't know what to do next, just been given some more blood tests to have done, some of which i have can't recall having before they are as follows.
LH/FSH/Esbandiol
IGF 1
CA, P, PTH, Vitio 3 (I think, doctor has bad writing.

Sorry for this long winded message.

Claire

Any advice help would be so appreciated, I have had anxiety before on and off for years, also had really bad headaches since the end of march when i had a migraine with aura and it knocked me off for about 3 weeks, weak, balance, really horrible, my tests for peri meno came back fine also, so I don't know what to do next, just been given some more blood tests to have done, some of which i have can't recall having before they are as follows.
LH/FSH/Esbandiol
IGF 1
CA, P, PTH, Vitio 3 (I think, doctor has bad writing.

Sorry for this long winded message.

Claire

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Thyroid?Endo Question

I'm sorry I can't help you with interpreting your blood work (I don't know what half those tests are, though I'm sure there are others here that do), if that's what you are asking?

Perhaps, you might want to ask a specific question and maybe someone can help you better?

Old 06-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

cjb1966 HB User
Re: Thyroid?Endo Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I'm sorry I can't help you with interpreting your blood work (I don't know what half those tests are, though I'm sure there are others here that do), if that's what you are asking?

Perhaps, you might want to ask a specific question and maybe someone can help you better?
Hi

I just read again what i wrote, and it does seem quite muddled so I will try again.

Thanks

Closed Thread