It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
(female)

andey HB User
help!!! could really use some help in understanding these numbers

Hi everyone

Amending my last post

Back in '08 - I was diagnosed with Hashimotos - the endocrinologist prescribed no meds (told me TSH of 3.65 was within the normal range) but ordered a thyroid ultrasound (showed 2 nodules) - he reordered them again this time and the scan said "both lobes diffusely altered in texture - right lobe shows a hypoechoic nodule with coarse calcification, a second isoechoic solid nodule and a new third nodule" visible in this last scan (the scan of 9/08 only had the two nodules). don't have a clue what any of that means.

Went to my endo yesterday for lab/scan results -
the first test (9/08 the TSH was 3.65)
in April of this year (TSH was 4.4)
the latest TSH was 5.69
with a T3Total of 1.59 (range is .80 - 1.7) and
a FreeT4 of 1.0 (range is .7 - 2.2)

When i asked the doctor about the TSH number increase - and if meds would be required - he said no everything was "fairly stable". I'm experiencing heart palpatations, increasing intolerance to cold, forget darn near everything it seems, and generally stressed to the max most days. - that TSH number increase doesn't seem so stable to me, but maybe it is a common occurence. Should i change doctors? seek a second opinion? Any advise/experience would be a great help.

thanks!!!
andey

Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

javelina HB Userjavelina HB Userjavelina HB User
Re: help!!! could really use some help in understanding these numbers

Ugh, you have a TSH of over 5 and your doc won't treat? You must look elsewhere and find one who will put you on thyroid hormone replacement ASAP. Your health will suffer if you are not treated. When looking for a new doc ask if they treat based on symptoms not just TSH levels and get some proper testing done, including free T3, ferritin, vitamin D and B12 levels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread