It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

mommyof6girls HB User
HELP PLEASE!!!!!! Reading test results

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I had my last daughter 4 yrs ago and about a year after that started having thyroid symptoms. I have most of them. I have been checked by cardiologists, pulmonologists, gastroenterologists, allergists, had "normal thyroid" results etc. I am now 27 weeks pregnant and have not felt well this entire pregnancy. All the symptoms I have had seem to be twice as bad especially the shortness of breath. My OB told me that my tsh was normal but i went to endo last week to double check. She ran the following tests and also says my results are normal. I think they look a little low and am wondering if i should make appt to discuss these with her and about treatment or if they really are normal.
T3 FREE 2.6 range 2.3-4.2
T4 FREE 0.9 range 0.7-1.6
TPO Antibody <0.3 range 0.0-0.9
Thyrogobulin Ab <0.9 range 0.0-4.0
Thyrogobulin 9.2 range 0.0-63.4
Ferritin 28 range 8-250
Vitamin B12 197 range 246-911
Vitamin D 25 OH 22.5 range 20-80

I had my Hemoglobins tested prior to pregnancy and they were 12.6 at 16 weeks they were 10.9 I have been on extra iron but I am not sure if I am iron deficient or B12 deficient. I have also been to another allergy asthma doctor who isn't sure if i have asthma b/c i am pregnant but has me on medicine that isn't helping at all! Are there any other tests i should have done or should i consult with this doctor in person about these results. Please if anyone can help me with these i really would appreciate it. I have had countless tests and seen countless doctors in the last 4 years and they all tell me to have my antidepressants evaluated as if i am crazy! I know something is not right and need to fix it soon so i can take care of this baby and my other children. Right now i am not living i am surviving day to day.

Thank you in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!!! Reading test results

Hi, No they are not normal. Your Ft4 and Ft3 are too low. They should have looked at that instead of the TSH, but this is what many doctors do and keeps us thyroid patients undertreated.

Also, your ferritin, Vitamin B-12, and Vitamin D are too. You need to supplement with iron, B-12, and Vitamin D.

Also, adrenals need to be tested.

I know you must be feeling bad right now with all these tests showing low. You may have to shop around for a good thyroid doctor.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
(female)

mommyof6girls HB User

Thanks for your response. What tests do I request for the adrenal check and also my OB for some reason told me to take 800 iu daily vitamin d, i have been on 2 iron pills for months and don't feel better and told me no b12. I don't understand why I see him this week. Can any of this cause shortness of breath? It is driving me crazy it started as only if i was really stressed or yelling and now it seems almost constant.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
(female)

tiredpuppy HB User

HI,

I was anemic when I was pregnant and was very short of breath during the last trimester - I would get out of breath when I was talking. So the iron might help that. Make sure you are taking the iron with juice or something with Vitamin C to help absorb, and don't take it with calcium or dairy products which will make it harder to absorb.

The Vit D supplements will also help you a lot - has anyone checked your calcium? Because if your Vit D is low your calcium may also be low -- both of mine were low and once treated I started feeling much, much better.

Good luck!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
(female)

mommyof6girls HB User

Thank you for your reply. I went to my interenist today who told me there are no symtoms of low vitamins (yeah right) and people don't know thery are low unless tested. After that I went to my maternal fetal (high risk pregnancy) doctor who told me that people can absolutely tell if they are low and put me on 400 iu of vit d 2,000 mg of cacium (well told me to take tums for this) and 400 iu of b12. I will start this tonight and see if it helps. I know theiron has not helped me feel better at all. He also said even though my thyroid results were very low normal we will watch them and treat them if they drop below normal. Sigh!!!!!!!!! He also gave me a peak flow meter to use and is sending me to a new asthma doctor tomorrow because he said it is important to know if you truly have asthma during pregnancy for surgery reasons and can't understand wht these asthma docs are telling me they don't know and they can't tell since I'm pregnant just give me med. Whatever. Only 10 weeks left hopefully I will make it in one piece LOL. I think may be since I am overweight and pregnant it is contributing to my shortness of breathe as for the other symptoms I'll keep my fingers crossed for the vitamins
Thanks again I was afraid no one would respond.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User

Taking 400 or even 800 IU of D3 most likely won't fix your Vit D deficiency. You can safely take way much more - like 1600 or 2000 IU.

Closed Thread