It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
(female)

lookieboo HB User
ultrasound results..I just need someone to say....

this report says there is nothing to worry about. Noone has really said much about the results. I do not understand what it means and whether I should worry..so does that mean I am all good?

Findings:
the right lobe measures 3.8x1.1x1.3 cm in size. There is a nodule identified within the right lobe., measuring 12x9x12mm in size. there is a second area of decreased attenuation present, likely representing a nodule measuring 9x7x10mm in size. The left lobe measures 3.5x1.1x1.5cm in size. There is a cyst present, arising from the lower pole, measuring 14x9x8mm in size. Adjacent to this is a solid nodule, hypoechoic, measuring 7x5mm in size. Isthmus at the upper limits of normal for thickness. normal colour doppler flow present within the gland. No surrounding lymphadenopathy.

Impression
several thyroid nodules outlined above, nonspecific in appearance. Cysts within the lower pole of the left lobe of they thyroid.

what does this all mean?? I have not received a call from my Dr about these results so should I assume these are nothing to worry about?? I have no clue if I should be concerned or not. I do have a random choking feeling that comes and goes as well as 2 swollen lymph nodes on the cervical chain on the left side of my neck and a small one on the upper ride side of my my neck as well. I have posted on other forums and was told that maybe the larger one should be biopsied or if I am concerned call my dr. Would these nodules be causing hypo symptoms?

thanks for any input.
B

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: ultrasound results..I just need someone to say....

You have two nodules that need to be biopsied, one on the left is over 1cm, and one on the right as well. You should see an ENT as well.

Sounds like you have a "multinodular goiter" a lumpy bumpy thyroid, usually from thyroid disease (the disease could be giving the symptoms).

You need to evaluate the nodules further, nothing to get upset about, very common.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
(female)

lookieboo HB User
Re: ultrasound results..I just need someone to say....

thank you so much...I just needed to hear someone say that all the jargon was not ominous. I did not like the sound of hypoechoic and solid. I much prefer the word benign. I am not upset but you tend to worry when the Dr doesnt even mention it and you went to her complaining of a choking feeling and sore throat. So thank you so much for answering my post, I will follow up with my dr.

Closed Thread