It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
(male)

DPalmacci HB User
pain around thyroid, but no swelling, confused about symptoms

So my blood tests have come back fluctuating over the past year from mild hyper to hypothyroidism. I spent the past year also getting over severe anxiety issues that seemed to have been caused from medication reactions, but as of now also could have been from thyroid issues in addition. I have scheduled an ultra sound and will see an endocrinologist in a few weeks, I am still confused about pinpointing my problem, anyone with feedback? Here are the symptoms from my symptom journal:

#1 dry/tender/sore at the base of the neck exactly where thyroid is, constantly. Often times during the day after I am awake and out of bed pain will start, this has begun in the past week. It will get severe sometimes, but there is no visible swelling or lump that I or the doctor could feel. Pain will also spread to my head.

#2 some weeks I am tired and depressed, others I am anxious and insomniac.

#3 mild choking feeling in my throat

#4 voice cracks

#5 vision hasn't been great, seems to have gotten blurred/double vision.

#6 odd sensation (usually the weeks when I have anxiety) of a pulsation in the back/lower part of my head, a slight "jolt" or "buzz" feeling.

Other than that, my breathing is fine, appetite is fine but I haven't been able to gain weight. vitals are fine, antibodies are fine from further thyroid blood tests, heart rate and BP is good... this def seems to be thyroid related, any one have feedback? I don't often read about severe pain with no swelling.. maybe a hidden nodule?

Oh I am 29 year old caucasian male.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB User
Re: pain around thyroid, but no swelling, confused about symptoms

I would ask the dr to do a thyroid ultrasound to see the exact size of the thyroid. I did and discovered alot of things in regards to my thyroid.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
(male)

DPalmacci HB User

yeah I have some tests scheduled for next week, they are doing the radioactive iodine thing. I saw an endocrinologist today she answered a lot of things for me and said all the symptoms I have are definitely pointing to something up with the thyroid even though it is not swollen. There could be a nodule hidden somewhere, and the pain could be from a mild infection that can happen.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:57 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB User

I had pain with mine, i also found out that i had a 5cm mass that was compresing nerves in my neck causing me to choke and wheeze. I'm 5wks out of thyroid sx, feeling pretty good.

Closed Thread