It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2001, 02:44 PM   #1

cure_e_us HB User
thyroid problem?

Just wondering if I am going crazy. After reading many of posts in this board, I'm starting
to think that a lot of the symptoms I have been having
aren't just from getting older, as if 37 is old.
I have always been an energetic person, but gradually in the past 6 months I have noticed increasing symptoms of
feeling slow or tired, intolerance of heat and cold, feeling drowsy no matter how much sleep I get, poor memory(mostly short term) and concentration, constipation-a bit of weight gain, thinning hair, dry brittle hair, sometimes
I'll use a hot oil treatment, a conditioner, and a leave-in conditioner and my hair can still be so dry that my scalp hurts and it looks and feels like straw,
dry, course skin, puffy face- also my cheeks look swollen-at first I thought I had gum disease that affected my cheeks(crazy huh? I have severe allergies
so I've been hoping it's just sinuses), my menstrual cycle has changed-periods more often and endometriosis
symptoms, a horrible dizziness/vertigo spell last Sat.
and overall feeling of lethargy, some depression, mostly due to frustation from these symptoms.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am underemployed so I don't have a lot of money to spend
on doctors. I am trying to determine if I need to see a
doctor, if so what kind, or if this is just my imagination.
Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2001, 01:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User
Re: thyroid problem?

Hi cure_e_us,
According to the hypothyroid symptom list, you have most of the more common symptoms. I would suggest a good endocrinologist that will listen to and consider symptoms, not just lab values.

It seems that you very well may be hypothyroid.
Read the Information Archive topic for the checklist and see how much it pertains to your symptoms.
You will need to read all you can so you can make good decisions.

It definitely is not just imagination.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread