It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2002, 07:03 PM   #1

ihateacne20 HB User
TSH level

hi..just had a few questions for you guys..and just wanted to see what you guys thought..ok I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 1 1/2 months ago..My TSH level at my first blood test was 5.33 So I was put on .25. Then about2 weeks ago I went back for another blood test..My tsh was 2.75 but I still didnt feel normal so the doc gave me .50 Do you think this is ok? b/c I read most people dont feel normal till you're under 1 on the TSH level?? What do you start to feel like when the dosage is too high? I would appreciate any input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2002, 07:41 PM   #2

ArtfulD HB UserArtfulD HB User
Re: TSH level

Hi ihateacne20. It actually takes about 4-6 weeks for a thyroid med dosage change to fully assimilate in your body. Your doctor probably raised your dosage because your TSH was heading in the correct direction and the meds seem to work for you. I would expect that your doc will now ask you to wait a month or so before your next blood tests (and/or dosage change). While your body adjusts, you may have hypo, hyper or both symptoms. Your blood tests and symptoms should hopefully correlate in about six weeks.

Read through our Information Archive thread for symptoms lists. <A HREF="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum118/HTML/000005.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum118/HTML/000005.html</A>

Each person is different, but many feel best when their TSH is around 1.0. However, depending on the cause of the thyroid disease, the TSH may fluctuate or may not match your symptoms at all.<p>[This message has been edited by ArtfulD (edited 04-21-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
(female)

Maria991 HB User
Re: TSH level

I've been on .50 for about 2 months and I felt a bit weird in the 1st month, however the symptoms were easier with me

Reply Reply