It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2001, 03:00 PM   #1

Karima HB User
Tree Frog...Vitamin A?

Hi,
I have been reading the old posts and getting alot of excellent info while waiting for however long it takes for the increase in Synthroid to help my severe symptoms.
I saw a post by you about Vitamin A. I have light sensitivity even indoors. When my husband turns on the overheads, I have to shut my eyes. Table lamps are about tolerable. Living in Florida is murder on the eyes and use the darkest lens on my prescription sunglasses I can get.
Anyway, my multi-vitamin reads 5,000 IU Vit.A, my daughter takes CaroteneCaps=25,000IU of Vitamin A activity from 15mg. of beta carotene.
My neighbor takes 10,000IU Dry A as retinol acetate in a non-oily form.

This is all very confusing. Am I taking enough? Is the beta-carotene version better?

Thanks for any imput in advance....Karima

Old 12-28-2001, 04:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User
Re: Tree Frog...Vitamin A?

Hi Karima,
Not everyone can convert the beta-carotene to Vit. A.
If you don't eat much of food that contains Vit. A, you may need as much as 10,000 units. It needs oil to assimilate into the system. I take one that has been made to be water-soluable. You can take it with food that has some olive or flax seed oil.

It takes awhile to make a difference if you have been deficient and have severe symptoms, so just keep taking it for a few months and see if that makes the difference you need.

<p>[This message has been edited by Tree Frog (edited 12-28-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread