It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2001, 06:14 PM   #1

weezie HB User
no thyroid/shortness of breath

It has been one year since my total thyroid removal. I have a lot of trouble getting my meds correct. Now I am having shortness of breath and my tsh is below the low acceptable number. Does anyone else have shortness of breath? I have been on dosages of .l50 & .l25 synthroid and now on .l37 levox. One is either too high a dosage or too low. Now the .l37 is even wrong. Is there anything else?

Old 12-11-2001, 12:22 PM   #2

ArtfulD HB UserArtfulD HB User
Re: no thyroid/shortness of breath

Hi Weezie, and welcome. It's been just over a year for my thyroid removal as well, and we're still perfecting my dosage. It's a long, frustrating process, but we'll get there!

You didn't state how low your TSH is, but having a low TSH together with shortness of breath may be an indication that your thyroid dosage is a bit too high and is making you hyperthyroid. Have you discussed this with your doctor? If not, please call and let him/her know about your symptoms and ask about an adjustment to your levoxyl.

There are many medical options besides T4 (synthroid and levoxyl). Some people have reported good results with Thyrolar, Unithroid, Armour, or a combination of T4 with T3. Some doctors prefer to treat with T4, so you may have to gently suggest alternatives to yours and see what kind of feedback you get.

If you have time, read through our Information Archive thread. There are lots of helpful suggestions, including a Q&A for doctor discussions, and symptoms lists for hypo and hyperthyroid. <A HREF="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum118/HTML/000005.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum118/HTML/000005.html</A>

Let us know how you're doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread