It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

djh924 HB User
Itchy rash right over thyroid

I'm hypothyroid w/nodules.

The skin over my thyroid has been somewhat itchy for the past several months. Today I wake up and am quite itchy there and notice a rash over the area. I've never seen mention of this anywhere, so is this probably just a coincidence? Weird though!

Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Itchy rash right over thyroid

I've had that!!! You're right... You don't see reports of it very often. Yours might be the first I've seen other than my own.

My doctor is a homeopathic MD, so he isn't the kind who dismisses odd symptoms without a second thought like your average allopath. When I told him about this itch that would NOT be satisfied... a maddening itch deeper than skin deep that never could be stopped by scratching ... he thought it might be due to the antibodies causing inflammation within the gland. He gave me a homeopathic remedy that worked wonders to eliminate it. Perhaps your rash is an outward sign of that inflammation, or maybe you're like me and have simply scratched your neck raw.

If you're interested, the remedy was Sepia 12x.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
(female)

djh924 HB User
Re: Itchy rash right over thyroid

Wow that is odd! If it keeps up I will look into the remedy you suggested. Thank you!

I'm trying to keep an open mind and not blame everything on my thyroid, but this did seem too close to not be related.

I really can't wait til I can just get this darn thing out! My last ultrasound showed two nodules on the left (3mm and 4mm) that weren't there a year ago, one unchanged on the right (4mm) and one that grew from .7x.8x.9 to 1.1x1x.9. My Dr. apparantly didn't think this was of any importance since she never brought it up ( I had asked to have the report mailed to me). So, I went out on my own an made an appt. with what I hope is a good endo. It's not til January though. If they ever bring up just removing the whole thyroid I'm going to jump at the chance. I'm really sick of all the problems. It just seems to me that it would be a lot easier to regulate without all of the attacks, sputters, etc..

Denise

Closed Thread