It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #16
(female)

LadyWriter1968 HB User
Re: If your thyroid is in the normal range has anyone still felt non-energetic and un

I dont know about if I had the full blood work done or not,

what is that exactly? and if I wanted this what do I ask the doctor for exactly? I am not up on all this stuff to be honest. I have been checked for the hypertension stuff, you know, kidneys and liver functions to do with my hypertension and the thyroid and sugar levels, glucose, cos when he ticked boxes on the blood sheet I looked them all up to see what they were, cause you know those boxes are all these strange numbers and unless you look them up you dont know what they mean anyway.

Last edited by LadyWriter1968; 02-11-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #17
(female)

LadyWriter1968 HB User
Re: If your thyroid is in the normal range has anyone still felt non-energetic and un

It seems to me that if we dont know ourselves then the doctors dont bother. The docs should really be telling me all this stuff. I didnt even know that thyroids caused anaemia until you just told me on here. I think docs should spend more time with their patients not just 2-5mins per person. I do get very tired but I put that down to going to bed to late to be honest and getting up early. I have been tested for anaemia in the past and it was fine. I didnt think you could take iron tabs with hypertension anyway

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #18
Veteran
(female)

cd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWriter1968 View Post
I dont know about if I had the full blood work done or not,

what is that exactly? and if I wanted this what do I ask the doctor for exactly? I am not up on all this stuff to be honest. I have been checked for the hypertension stuff, you know, kidneys and liver functions to do with my hypertension and the thyroid and sugar levels, glucose, cos when he ticked boxes on the blood sheet I looked them all up to see what they were, cause you know those boxes are all these strange numbers and unless you look them up you dont know what they mean anyway.
The reference to full blood work basically covers all aspects of blood levels (white blood cell count, red blood cell count and a bunch of other stuff), glucose, sodium - usually there's a long list. It sounds like you are covered.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-30-2012 at 07:40 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to cd37 For This Useful Post:
LadyWriter1968 (02-12-2011)
Old 02-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #19
Veteran
(female)

cd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWriter1968 View Post
It seems to me that if we dont know ourselves then the doctors dont bother. The docs should really be telling me all this stuff. I didnt even know that thyroids caused anaemia until you just told me on here. I think docs should spend more time with their patients not just 2-5mins per person. I do get very tired but I put that down to going to bed to late to be honest and getting up early. I have been tested for anaemia in the past and it was fine. I didnt think you could take iron tabs with hypertension anyway
I think doctors have a standard method of dealing with patients. My mother has several health issues and, while she keeps copies of all her medical records, she has no idea what tests were done for what....or what the results mean. And, she doesn't care. She just wants her doctor to take care of things for her. I suspect she's very typical.

Since the thyroid has a "whole-body" effect, it does make sense that an "out-of-whack" thyroid can cause issues in virtually every body system.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #20
(female)

LadyWriter1968 HB User

I know what you mean about a standard thing, but not everyone has the internet to look up all this stuff do they? and if the doctor does not tell them or hasnt got the time, then the person does not know themselves whats going on with their own bodies. If a person is not interested really then its their choice. But doctors spend so little time now with each patient and it seems like a meat market really, next one in, next one out. If you dont ask you dont get. Years ago my old doc in the older days was very good, he would tell me everything. I have registered with various docs after he left his practise and none of them have ever been like him. When you go in now to see the doc they have to keep looking you up all the time on the computer to see who you are, rather then knowing you by face and saying Hi so and so come in. Its like they have so many patients now

Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #21
(female)

LadyWriter1968 HB User

Also I would like to say that elderly people, if they forget to visit their doctors for their tests they seem to be forgotten about. My Dad when he got older told me he had been to the doctors when I asked him about his check ups for his heart probs, he would say, yes I went last week, but he hadn't been in over a year, he lied to me, but point is, the doctor never even bothered to find out why this elderly heart patient hadn't been to see them. Cause years ago when I needed a test my doctor actually rang me and said, you need to come in for your so and so test now, its over due. I see on your records that you have not been in yet to see me about this.

Closed Thread