It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
(female)

Hope911 HB User
Thyroid hormone lab results

I really need some opinions on my latest lab results. My main concern is my estrogen levels, I saw an endocrinologist and he told me my estrogen levels are very normal and that Im healthy. He also didnít believe in calculating the ratio between progesterone and estrogen, he told me it was rubbish. Could someone PLEASE tell me if my estrogen levels look high? Even though they are still just within the range? Could the lab range be too broad? I have had saliva tests done and my estrogen was elevated with the ratio on the low end. Also in my case because progesterone is in a healthy range and not deficient is there a way to bring the estrogen down without taking progesterone?

I was also told that my thyroid results are normal. I have a small prolactin secreating tumour in my pituitary gland, the endocrinologist said that it is not effecting thyroid function at all. So not sure it they are in healthy ranges as well.

Oestradiol 707 pmol/L
Progesterone 43.4 nmol/L
Ranges - Luteal phase oestrogen (210-775) progesterone (10-70)

Dhea 8.6 (1.6 - 9.6)

Ft4 13.8 (9.0 - 25)
TSH 2.10 (.5 - 5.0)
Ft3 4.4 (3.5- 6.5)

Also does anybody know if gallstones have a connection to hormone imbalances?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB User
Re: Thyroid hormone lab results

Sorry, but, the only thing I can help you with is your thyroid labs.

Question of the day - are you having any symptoms?

Reason I ask, most people would be having hypothyroid symptoms with your labs.

While they are in the normal range, your thyroid hormone levels (FT4/FT3) are both below mid-range....most people feel/function best with them above mid-range. (I need my levels to be at the top of the range)

TSH higher than 2 is suspect for hypothyroidism as well.

Unfortunately, many doctors don't recognize this stuff although the endo-authors of many books about hypothyroidism do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread