It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

miserydx HB User
Dizziness, Nausea & Weight gain

I am 31yrs, relatively healthy until about 2 years ago when I had my twins. Shortly after delivering them by c-section, I've had dizziness that 1st starts with a sick/nauseous feeling in my upper stomach then turns to dizziness(feeling of fainting, not that the room is spinning), then have a feeling in my neck like a chocking feeling. I've gained weight in upper body with my face more round/fuller (even with excercising & bearly eating due to nausea). My docs have checked all checkables, thyroid, cbc, cmp,ANA, hormones, done CT of brain & neck I've being to endocrinologists, the only lab that was abnormal was the estrogen which was zero, actually not detectable. I feel like I am slowing dying & no one knows whats wrong with me. I can't stand this dizziness, nausea & weight gain thing. PLEASE HELP

Old 03-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB Usercd37 HB User
Re: Dizziness, Nausea & Weight gain

You just might want to have new thyroid labs run and don't accept "normal" (aka in-range) as necessarily meaning the results are YOUR normal.

While it's OK to have levels in the normal range if we're checking red blood cell count, etc., it is not acceptable when evaluating thyroid function.

Each of us has his/her own "best place" within the ranges of normal. For most of us, this means thyroid hormone levels towards the high end of the range.

Please ask your doctor to run the following tests and post the results here (with reference ranges) - we'll help you sort things out

FreeT4 (T4 or thyroxine, free, direct)
FreeT3 (tri-iodothyronine, free, serum)
TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)

TPOab (Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody) or anti-TPOab (anti-thyroid peroxidase antibody)
TGAb (thyroglobulin antibody)

The following user gives a hug of support to cd37:
miserydx (03-18-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to cd37 For This Useful Post:
miserydx (03-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread